Spec me a tablet for work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spec me a tablet for work

I'm going to put to my manager the case that having a tablet for work use would be advantageous.

I manage all our social media (Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Instagram) on their respective apps, but also more recently on account management apps like SocialBro, Tweet Deck and HootSuite which all have Android apps.

So I'm looking for something with a nice sharp screen, probably around 8" would be ideal, and good battery life. Other than that I have no real requests other than it should be <200

What would you all suggest?
    Intel i5-2500K @ 4GHz | 8GB DDR3 | ASUS GTX 970 | 500GB 850 EVO | Corsair H60 | Fractal Define S | Corsair SP2500 2.1 | ASUS 29" 2560x1080 IPS

Twitter / Instagram / YouTube

What sort of memory capacity do you need?

The nexus 9 has just dropped to 179 for the 16gb version. Would need to move quick though as doubt they will be around for long at that price.
    i7 2600K @ 4.5| Asrock Z68 Extreme4| 16GB 1866Mhz Crucial Ballistix |AMD R9 290| 120GB SSD |Win7 64bit

Comment

Minimal, all it will be storing are the pictures I get sent to upload to the various social media pages so 16GB would probably be adequate. Although if it wasn't too much more for the next one up I'd probably go for that.
      Intel i5-2500K @ 4GHz | 8GB DDR3 | ASUS GTX 970 | 500GB 850 EVO | Corsair H60 | Fractal Define S | Corsair SP2500 2.1 | ASUS 29" 2560x1080 IPS

Comment

Yoga2 8"

I've had one a while, great device that is now all I take on business trips. In fact, only today I brought one with LTE for a works project.
        Please see thread, here for how post reports are dealt with.
        Forum Guidelines here

Comment

Hudl2 ?
          FILM QUIZ!!!!? Name the film from the quote!!
          "Right. Better clench up, Legolas"

Comment

Yoga 2 seems like a good idea because 'managing social media' actually involves a lot of typing, and I don't know about you but I would much rather be doing that with a keyboard than an on-screen keyboard.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleTop View Post
              Yoga2 8"

I've had one a while, great device that is now all I take on business trips. In fact, only today I brought one with LTE for a works project.
              Originally posted by andyn View Post
              Yoga 2 seems like a good idea because 'managing social media' actually involves a lot of typing, and I don't know about you but I would much rather be doing that with a keyboard than an on-screen keyboard.
              I'm confused about the keyboard part, is that extra or am I missing something? Not a priority for me though really as the amount of typing is nothing to the amount of swiping and scrolling through lists and search term feeds etc.

Originally posted by R1gg4 View Post
              Hudl2 ?
              Hudl2 certainly ticks the budget box, is it running full Android? As in, not full of bloatware and own brand app stores like the Amazon stuff?

Comment

The Hudl 2 is running full android, there was a Tesco "Screen" on the original Kitkat, but this has been replaced with an Icon under the new Lollipop 5.1 update.

Mine did the OTA upgrade an seems to be greatly improved!
                I am not losing weight! I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of finding it again!

Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional

Comment

If you want to be at the bleeding edge, look for something that is going to get Marshmallow.

Look for 32GB. It is surprising how quickly you fill the memory.
                  Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus Z-170-K + Intel i5-6500 + 512GB Samsung M.2 PCI-e SSD + 16GB DDR4 2400MHz Memory
                  Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus M5A88-M EVO + AMD Phenom II X6 + 8GB Corsair XMS3 1600 + Radeon HD 6450
                  Win 10 Home 32-bit + Asus M2N-SLI DeLuxe + AMD Athlon 64 X2, Dual Core 5400 + 4.0 GB Memory + NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT

Comment

I'm still running KitKat, and there is a Tesco home screen, but I wouldn't say its overly intrusive.. Just one of the home screens, that I never go to.

Although given the info from Wonderlust I may go for the update.

Comment

Originally posted by michaelkenward View Post
                      Look for 32GB. It is surprising how quickly you fill the memory.
                      Why not just look for something that takes an micro SD card?

Comment

Yeah although I don't own a hudl everything I have heard has indicated that the bundled apps and customisation is pretty minimal, unlike the 'you will become borg' approach of the Amazon Fire tablets.

There were some charging problems with the second version of the hudl but they may have ironed those out by now. Other options could be a nexus 9 as already mentioned, or you could probably pick up a samsung tab 4 10.1 for about the top end of your budget, or a little above.

Given that any of them would 'do the job' then the hudl2 seems reasonable since the price is cheap/subsidised.

Comment

Me & The misses have hudl2's and now on 5.1 they seem stock bar a few tesco apps which I haven't tried uninstalling as yet. Only negative is the battery life could be better but its fine for my needs.
                          <iframe height='160' width='300' frameborder='0' allowtransparency='true' scrolling='no' src='https://www.strava.com/athletes/2768256/activity-summary/f83653646f45d8258c46d33b43bfa7598850ffdd'></iframe>

Comment

the yoga laptop range is a 2in1, with a fully "yoga" twistable keyboard.

The one I meant is this one, http://shop.lenovo.com/gb/en/tablets...ga-tablet-2-8/ the tablet - I think andyn thought I meant the Yoga range of laptops

DT.
                            Please see thread, here for how post reports are dealt with.
                            Forum Guidelines here

Comment

Ah right the ones with the battery hinge thing, I recall now, I was misremembering that they came with a keyboard for some reason, probably getting confused with the 'laptop-tablet' versions yeah.

Comment

Working...
                              X