Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• olivaughan
    replied
    Always had it disabled MDD, I realise that assorted apps could be turned off but my battery life literally went from 3-4 hours to 30 minutes which was very perculiar.

I had half of that done already FunkY but i've tried the rest now so lets see if I can at least claw back into having hours of battery not minutes haha!

Leave a comment:

• FunkY
    replied
    Known problem:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/29523...-life-bug.html
    http://reviews.gizmodo.com/windows-1...rse-1720970961

Go into system settings, battery saver. It will give you a vague idea of what's causing the drain.

As for stuff to disable, get rid of cortana and searchUI, disable the peer to peer updates (I actually leave it set to run on LAN only, but I'm not using batteries), look up privacy fixes and disable all the crap you don't use, and finally run the following in an elevated command prompt:

sc delete dmwappushsvc
    sc delete diagtrack
    ...and deny system accessing the file AutoLogger-Diagtrack-Listener.etl with cacls

cd c:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Diagnosis\etlogs\autologg er
    echo "" > AutoLogger-Diagtrack-Listener.etl
    cacls AutoLogger-Diagtrack-Listener.etl /d SYSTEM
    Don't run this bit:
    If you have no problem with Microsoft collecting data and you use Win 10 in vmware. Then no need to do it.
    Privacy aside, it's an extra system service eating resources and battery power (albeit a minimal amount). An extra system service that serves no purpose to the end user.

Shamelessly stolen from here
    Last edited by FunkY; 05-09-15, 14:01.

Leave a comment:

• Burn-IT
    replied
    I would imagine, like any new OS, that there are many background tasks that can be turned off.

Leave a comment:

• TheMadDutchDude
    replied
    Have you disabled the search bar in the task bat? I heard that drains battery life.

Leave a comment:

• olivaughan
    started a topic Terrible battery life on win 10?

Terrible battery life on win 10?

I have been noticing recently that since my upgrade to windows 10 (from 8.1) my laptop is getting appallingly bad battery life, Is this known to be an issue or possibly just coincidence that the battery has decided that it just doesn't like being a battery anymore? the laptop is only 2 odd years old
Working...
X