Medion Gaming laptops Any Good??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medion Gaming laptops Any Good??????

so ive been looking for a new more robust machine to use for work and maybe a little gaming.

And i came across the medion x7833 now its £999 but the specs are

• Intel® Core™ i7-4710MQ processor
    • Windows 8.1 update
    • NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 970M graphics
    • 128 GB SSD, 1 TB HDD, 16 GB RAM
    • 17.3" matt HD display 1920x1080
    • 9 cell battery
    • blu ray drive
    • brushed aluminium lid

Compared to other models in the £700-1000 price this seems real good value so whats wrong with medion any exerience guys
    My RIG: MSI GE62 2QD Apache I7 4720HQ, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SDD + 1TB HDD, GTX 960M 2GB, Windows 10, 15.6" IPS screen.

I will only say that all the Medion machines that I have seen were reasonably well made although from cheaper parts.
    I think Aldi and the equivalent are behind them.
    I've not failed. I've just found 10.000 ways that don't work!
    Dave Burnett

Comment

Medion is a name I remember being sold in supermarkets on Holland. I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole.

There are other options if you look around. I'll message you in a bit when I'm not on my phone.
      ASUS Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @ 3.95 GHz | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 2x8GB @ 3333 MHz C14 | ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 OC | Samsung SM951 256GB NVMe + 2x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB in RAID0 | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 850w | be quiet! Pure Base 600 Tempered Glass | CM Masterkeys Pro L | Logitech G502 | Logitech G920 | ASUS ZenBook UX305F

Comment

They are just cheap, quality is ok but not good. Usually have lots of bloatware.

They are a sub company of lenovo.

Comment

I think Aldi sell Medion stuffs as well.

Freedom isn't free"

Comment

That's one of the supermarkets I remember doing them too.

There are ASUS ROG laptops with very similar specs for the same cash. I know which I'd rather have.
            ASUS Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @ 3.95 GHz | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 2x8GB @ 3333 MHz C14 | ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 OC | Samsung SM951 256GB NVMe + 2x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB in RAID0 | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 850w | be quiet! Pure Base 600 Tempered Glass | CM Masterkeys Pro L | Logitech G502 | Logitech G920 | ASUS ZenBook UX305F

Comment

cheers guys yes turns out they supply aldi.

Reviews on machine are good though but dutch helped me find an msi

specs are

• [*=left]Intel® Core™ i7-4720HQ Quad Core Processor
                [*=left]17.3" Full HD IPS Screen
                [*=left]Microsoft Windows 8.1 64-bit
                [*=left]8GB DDR3 RAM
                [*=left]128GB SSD + 1000GB 7200RPM HDD
                [*=left]DVD Rewriter
                [*=left]Dedicated GeForce GTX 965M 2GB Graphics
                [*=left]USB3 | HDMI | Bluetooth | DisplayPort
                [*=left]Backlit Keyboard
                [*=left]2 Year MSI Warranty
                [*=left]and its just under £900
                [*=left]

My RIG: MSI GE62 2QD Apache I7 4720HQ, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SDD + 1TB HDD, GTX 960M 2GB, Windows 10, 15.6" IPS screen.

Comment

Their PCs were annoying with lots of 'customisation', a bit like a cheap Dell (my father in law has a few of them). For a laptop, where you don't expect to do much upgrading or modifying, that probably wouldn't be an issue though.

Comment

Originally posted by andyn View Post
                  Their PCs were annoying with lots of 'customisation', a bit like a cheap Dell (my father in law has a few of them). For a laptop, where you don't expect to do much upgrading or modifying, that probably wouldn't be an issue though.
                  Do you mean the medion

whats everyones thoughts on that msi i think that has to be the front runner slightly less grunt but lighter better looking and two year warranty with msi

Comment

Originally posted by danroyle View Post
                    Do you mean the medion

whats everyones thoughts on that msi i think that has to be the front runner slightly less grunt but lighter better looking and two year warranty with msi
                    I meant the Medion yeah. I think I would want a 2 year warranty on a gaming laptop myself, so I'd agree with the MSI having the edge.

Comment

Originally posted by andyn View Post
                      I meant the Medion yeah. I think I would want a 2 year warranty on a gaming laptop myself, so I'd agree with the MSI having the edge.
                      yeah i agree. The gaming aspect is a side bonus the main needs are good quality usb and speed. It will be used to game in the evenings but during the day the main jobs will be doing things like on site data transfers and data recovery for customers, which is why i was looking at gaming models as the motherboards tend to be more robust and they have better cooling.

Dutch did suggest an ultrabook but everyone ive used has got a bit hot under heavy use.

The msi also has coolboost button that you hit and for 60 seconds it turns all the fans to max and gets rid of any heat if needed i like that feature

Comment

Working...
                      X