Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• omega
    replied
    Well if I get a tablet that turns up and its not a new one sealed in a new box, I won't be turning it on, I'll be asking for a refund.

Leave a comment:

• Jackster
    replied
    Originally posted by Joshimitsu91 View Post
    Of course I don't actually encourage that you do that. Would be... unethical

I did know someone who used to bulk buy dead GPUs off e-Bay, re-flow the solder with an oven and then trade them into CeX...

I forgot to cut out that last line, I am talking about the remote detonation.

Leave a comment:

• joker3327
    replied
    Originally posted by omega View Post
    Would rather have a refund tbh.
    Agreed..... lets see what happens...especially with their recent record *cough* 970 *cough*

Leave a comment:

• Joshimitsu91
    replied
    Originally posted by Jackster View Post
    That is scary....
    Of course I don't actually encourage that you do that. Would be... unethical

I did know someone who used to bulk buy dead GPUs off e-Bay, re-flow the solder with an oven and then trade them into CeX...

Leave a comment:

• omega
    replied
    Originally posted by joker3327 View Post
    Done mine too..... there is talk around the Nvidia forums that the replacements will be refurbs........
    Would rather have a refund tbh.

Leave a comment:

• Jackster
    replied
    Originally posted by Joshimitsu91 View Post
    *I understand when I turn on my replacement tablet, my original tablet will be deactivated remotely and rendered unusable.

Quick go trade it into CeX before your new one arrives

That is scary....

Leave a comment:

• joker3327
    replied
    Done mine too..... there is talk around the Nvidia forums that the replacements will be refurbs........

Leave a comment:

• omega
    replied
    Hmmm...

Leave a comment:

• Joshimitsu91
    replied
    *I understand when I turn on my replacement tablet, my original tablet will be deactivated remotely and rendered unusable.

Quick go trade it into CeX before your new one arrives

Leave a comment:

• omega
    started a topic nVidia Shield recall

nVidia Shield recall

Had an email from the big river earlier informing me that the Shield tablet I bought from them may well explode and indeed upon checking the battery details it would appear I have a faulty model.

I'm guessing that the issue is the massive amounts of heat produced playing games on it, and the heat not being dissipated away from the battery effectively.

More information here:
    http://tabletrecall.expertproductinquiry.com

The RMA process is really well done, filled in details on that website, along with an activation code generated on the faulty tablet, and apparently a brand new one is on its way.

Might be worth checking that website or checking your tablet if you own one... the faulty battery is identified by "Y01" in settings - about tablet - status.
Working...
X