nVidia Shield recall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nVidia Shield recall

Had an email from the big river earlier informing me that the Shield tablet I bought from them may well explode and indeed upon checking the battery details it would appear I have a faulty model.

I'm guessing that the issue is the massive amounts of heat produced playing games on it, and the heat not being dissipated away from the battery effectively.

More information here:
    http://tabletrecall.expertproductinquiry.com

The RMA process is really well done, filled in details on that website, along with an activation code generated on the faulty tablet, and apparently a brand new one is on its way.

Might be worth checking that website or checking your tablet if you own one... the faulty battery is identified by "Y01" in settings - about tablet - status.
    Originally posted by coiler
    He'll have the local FBI round his house with all that hash!
    Originally posted by BigIan88
    turn off that sexy nonsense
    Originally posted by Salad Soup
    turns out if you touch a stripper too much and try and get back in after being kicked out, they dont like that!

*I understand when I turn on my replacement tablet, my original tablet will be deactivated remotely and rendered unusable.

Quick go trade it into CeX before your new one arrives
    i5 2500k | 16GB RAM | Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC | 256GB + 240GB SSDs | 1TB + 3TB HDDs | Define R5 Black | Dell 27" 1440p 60Hz + BenQ 24" 1080p 144Hz

Comment

Hmmm...
      turns out if you touch a stripper too much and try and get back in after being kicked out, they dont like that!

Comment

Done mine too..... there is talk around the Nvidia forums that the replacements will be refurbs........
        posted by scrivz69
        I think I may leave this forum, it seems to be full of the village people.​
        i7 3930K @ 4.2| ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB @ 2133 Copperhead |2 x Gigabyte TITAN SLI |ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 | Samsung 850 500GB SSD | 3TB SATA Drive | H100i WC | Corsair RM1000 | HAF X |40 inch Benq 2560x1440 IPS

Comment

Originally posted by Joshimitsu91 View Post
          *I understand when I turn on my replacement tablet, my original tablet will be deactivated remotely and rendered unusable.

Quick go trade it into CeX before your new one arrives

That is scary....

Comment

Originally posted by joker3327 View Post
            Done mine too..... there is talk around the Nvidia forums that the replacements will be refurbs........
            Would rather have a refund tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackster View Post
              That is scary....
              Of course I don't actually encourage that you do that. Would be... unethical

I did know someone who used to bulk buy dead GPUs off e-Bay, re-flow the solder with an oven and then trade them into CeX...
              i5 2500k | 16GB RAM | Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC | 256GB + 240GB SSDs | 1TB + 3TB HDDs | Define R5 Black | Dell 27" 1440p 60Hz + BenQ 24" 1080p 144Hz

Comment

Originally posted by omega View Post
                Would rather have a refund tbh.
                Agreed..... lets see what happens...especially with their recent record *cough* 970 *cough*
                posted by scrivz69
                I think I may leave this forum, it seems to be full of the village people.​
                i7 3930K @ 4.2| ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB @ 2133 Copperhead |2 x Gigabyte TITAN SLI |ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 | Samsung 850 500GB SSD | 3TB SATA Drive | H100i WC | Corsair RM1000 | HAF X |40 inch Benq 2560x1440 IPS

Comment

Originally posted by Joshimitsu91 View Post
                  Of course I don't actually encourage that you do that. Would be... unethical

I did know someone who used to bulk buy dead GPUs off e-Bay, re-flow the solder with an oven and then trade them into CeX...

I forgot to cut out that last line, I am talking about the remote detonation.

Comment

Well if I get a tablet that turns up and its not a new one sealed in a new box, I won't be turning it on, I'll be asking for a refund.

Comment

Working...
                    X