• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 year old laptop.. dell 7500

Well I just found this old laptop in an office cupboard:

Dell Inspiron 7500 - 750Mhz PIII 512MB

It's surprisingly usable with XP and has a huge 15.4" screen
    -matte, not glossy screen
    -with a great resolution of 1280 x 1024 which puts many new laptops to shame...

(weighs a tonne though - I think it was a "desktop replacement")

It's got a proper keyboard too, none of this chiclet crap you get nowadays
    Follow me @twitter

I've got a laptop lurking in an office cupboard that I "inherited" from a colleague more than 12 years ago. It was already so out of date back then that I declined to ever use it - I seriously think it may have a 386 CPU Very much doubt it would even power up now - at least yours works.

All your spoon are belong to us

Comment

Got an old Advent laptop that used to be my sisters. 1.6GHz? Pentium M, 2GB of ram (I upgraded it for her), a 40GB HDD and i believe it's a 15-17" 1024x768 screen.

I recently installed Elementary OS on it, and although not the speediest thing in the world, it's certainly usable.
      "They're gonna find out
      I don't know who they are or what they're gonna find out
      But they're gonna find out
      And it's gonna be over real quick"

Comment

I got a dell lappy sat on the cupboard in the kitchen i lost the power cable for it during my move in 2006, never got round to getting a replacement but I did manage to power it on the other day and cant remember the windows login it has a 7900M-gtx gpu in it and 4gb ram 80gb hdd windows vista.. 1920x1080 17" screen it was at the time pretty much top of the range..
        Bitfenix shinobi Limited Germany edition. 3 spectre 120 & 2 spectre 140fans. Core i5 3570k ,msi z77a g45,8gb gskill sniper,infinity black edition gtx 970, samsung 840 120gb ssd, samsung F1 750gb, WD cavier black 500gb, seagate barcuda 1tb,+320gb, win 7 ultimate 64, acer 23" 3dG235H microsoft CC keyboard, logitech G500 mouse

Comment

Not as old as some mentioned, I have a Dell Inspiron 1300.

pentium M 1.7
          Upgraded to 2GB
          Upgraded to a 120GB (EIDE) HDD
          Runs Windows 7 starter quite well, although there is only a very basic graphics driver available for the i915 chipset
          I am not losing weight! I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of finding it again!

Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by UkGouki View Post
            I got a dell lappy sat on the cupboard in the kitchen i lost the power cable for it during my move in 2006, never got round to getting a replacement but I did manage to power it on the other day and cant remember the windows login it has a 7900M-gtx gpu in it and 4gb ram 80gb hdd windows vista.. 1920x1080 17" screen it was at the time pretty much top of the range..
            Tried ophcrack to bypass the login?
            Why did the chicken cross the road?
            To get away from the Canadian poultry farmer with loose trousers.

Comment

Working...
            X