Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need advice/Best place to buy laptop screens?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advice/Best place to buy laptop screens?

When it comes to buying laptop screens, where is the best place to go? alot of people mention buying the screens off a popular auction site, i have come across a few laptops which need screens which i got for free, i am a newbie when it comes to this but i have to start somewhere, is any generic screen ok(provided its right size and ports), or is it better to buy a screen for that particular model and pay the premium price? can you get cheaper screns if i look about?, thankyou!

Originally posted by shoudy View Post
    When it comes to buying laptop screens, where is the best place to go? alot of people mention buying the screens off a popular auction site, i have come across a few laptops which need screens which i got for free, i am a newbie when it comes to this but i have to start somewhere, is any generic screen ok(provided its right size and ports), or is it better to buy a screen for that particular model and pay the premium price? can you get cheaper screns if i look about?, thankyou!
    Best to look for specific screens suited to your model, and if you can find a compatible model number of a screen then its fine to buy that one separately. Not just any will fit, some have connectors in different places, some are thicker than others and some perform better. Some are also either glossy or matte. My laptop originally came with a glossy screen but then I upgraded it to a 1080p matte, for example.

Try searching on Google for your laptop in question and compatible screens, you should find a generic list of models. Then go about looking where to buy them, and compare the specs to see which is best.
    Main Rig: A8 7670k @4.5GHz // Gigabyte F2A88-XM D3H // 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400MHz // Sapphire Nitro R9 380 // Samsung 850 250GB // Samsung F3 500GB // EVGA SuperNOVA 550 G2 // Dell U2312HM // Zowie EC2
    Dell Inspiron 15 Special Edition:
    i7 3612QM // 6GB RAM // 7730M // Samsung 840 250GB // Backlit K/B // 1080p Panel // Soundblaster Evo Wireless

Comment

Working...
    X