Good tablet for 200

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good tablet for 200

Hi all, looking to get a couple of Tablets for Xmas presents. Budget of around 200 each but if there's anything much better for slightly more let me know.

I don't usually deal with tablets so I'm looking for some recommendations thanks.
    Gaming PC:i5 2500k|MSI Mpower Z77 | Kingston HyperX Grey 8GB 1600MHZ | ThermalTake Frio | MSI 6950 Twin Frozr III 2GB Crossfire | Samsung 840 PRO 250GB SSD | XFX Pro 850W Modular PSU | Corsair 600t Case

Just got a Hudl 2 and very impressed so far.
    I am not losing weight! I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of finding it again!

Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional

Comment

I've had the tab 2 10" for getting on for two years now, love it. So I'd imagine the tab 3 is also very good.

Comment

Originally posted by andyn View Post

I've had the tab 2 10" for getting on for two years now, love it. So I'd imagine the tab 3 is also very good.
        The Wife's Tab2 10" also still going very strong after 2 years
        --
        Fractal R4 (shhh!) 3570k, z77x-d3h, 16gb, R9-270X, 240gb SSD, 2tb mirror w/ 60gb cache drive

Comment

Look on hukd

Freedom isn't free"

Comment

How much is the new Hudl? How does that compare in terms of spec?

Originally posted by coiler
            Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

Comment

great value for money.

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/pc-mac/tablets/tesco-hudl-2-1267726/review

We liked

The 8.3-inch HD display is excellent. The 1920 x 1200 pixel resolution is enough to ensure that reading is pleasurable and the Hudl 2 is a really nice size for kicking back with a movie or a blast of gaming.
              It's great to see stereo speakers and they really enhance movie watching and gaming. If they were front-facing I'd be even happier, but they're still a definite plus point.
              The introductory Tesco apps are good and I can see them being genuinely helpful for tablet newbies, but the parental controls are the star of the pre-installed show. They're simple, effective, and well-thought out.
              The Hudl 2 is amazing value for money and Tesco's additional voucher incentives really make it a steal.
              We disliked

The battery life is undoubtedly the Tesco Hudl 2's Achilles heel. Graphically intensive games and streaming HD movies drain that battery far too quickly. It's going to be a definite sore point for some people.
              That slight laggy feel at times is a concern, but ditch the My Tesco launcher and you should find it's much less noticeable.
              Hopefully the incident when it failed to turn on is a one-off freak occurrence. There's always an element of pot luck with electronics and bugs. It hasn't happened again, but I had to mention it, and it's the sort of thing that could really distress a tablet novice.
              Storage is not adequate at just 9GB free out of the box, so you'll have to invest in a microSD card. You'll pay around 10-15 for a 32GB card, but that will give you a decent storage limit of over 40GB.
              Verdict

If you're shopping for a family tablet that you can share with the kids, this is it. If you want to gift a tablet to someone who has never tried one before, this is it. If you want a cheap tablet for casual use around the house, this is it.
              The Tesco Hudl 2 is not the best tablet on the market. It's not the fastest or the prettiest. It doesn't have cutting edge specs. What it does offer is a solid all-round experience at an unbeatable price.
              Pound for pound you will not be able to find anything better, at least until Google refreshes the Nexus line. If you want the best value stock Android tablet on the market, this is it.
              First reviewed: October 2014
              "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
              Plato

Comment

Another vote for the Hudl 2, spend the extra cash on a case, screen protector, headphones and a microSD Card.

Comment

It's good value for money, if you can put up with / get rid of the tesco stuff.

Comment

Toshiba Encore....

Comment

that being said at 175 those tab 3 aint overpriced either.

http://www.aria.co.uk/SuperSpecials/...roductId=62185
                      "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
                      Plato

Comment

Originally posted by marsey99 View Post
                        that being said at 175 those tab 3 aint overpriced either.

http://www.aria.co.uk/SuperSpecials/...roductId=62185
                        Tbh I'd give it a miss at that price, only a dual core cpu plus 1280x800 on a tablet that size isn't going to look amazing.

The hudl 2 does look really good for the price, not sure what it's like for any Tesco bloatware though.

I've got a nexus 7 2013 which I absolutely love but is a bit small for some people and non expandable storage is a bit of a downer, main issue is that prices haven't really dropped since release so unless you can find somewhere selling them cheap it's still about the price it was a year ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Mokey View Post
                          Tbh I'd give it a miss at that price, only a dual core cpu plus 1280x800 on a tablet that size isn't going to look amazing.

The hudl 2 does look really good for the price, not sure what it's like for any Tesco bloatware though.

I've got a nexus 7 2013 which I absolutely love but is a bit small for some people and non expandable storage is a bit of a downer, main issue is that prices haven't really dropped since release so unless you can find somewhere selling them cheap it's still about the price it was a year ago.
                          Tesco added apps are very minimal and they haven't messed with the GUI. Nothing like what you are used to from Samsung, HTC, etc. One of the useful add-on items it the parental control. They are basic but they do work.

Comment

Going to be sticking my Nvidia shield 8 tablet up later today as I'm too busy really to use it.

Has the Tegra k1 CPU in so is mega fast.

Looks brand new, boxed, 23 months warranty.

Freedom isn't free"

Comment

Originally posted by El Wayneo View Post
                              Going to be sticking my Nvidia shield 8 tablet up later today as I'm too busy really to use it.

Has the Tegra k1 CPU in so is mega fast.

Looks brand new, boxed, 23 months warranty.
                              you wouldnt be breaking the rules and trying to initiate trades outside the right section would you?
                              Plato

Comment

Working...
                              X