Screw 4K, I'm upgrading to 1080p!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by werewhelk View Post
    Hi Sarky, I stumbled on this old thread of yours whilst researching how to do exactly what you have already done.... i.e. upgrade my Dell Inspiron 15R SE (7520) to a full HD display. Exactly what I was looking for!

Hope you don't mind me asking, but can you remember the part number of the full HD cable you needed? I just want to make sure I get the correct one.

Also, I'm not seeing your pictures on here unfortunately - I'm not sure if that's just me doing something wrong.

I'm guessing you might not have them any more after all this time, but if there's any chance you could repost them, that would be fantastic

Much appreciated!
    Tim
    Hi Tim,

The part number isR4WW7. If you check on ebay (or similar) type in "Dell 7520 FHD LVDS cable" or R4WW7. Sometimes stock on them is patchy however and it did take a few weeks for me to find one. Make sure it says "FHD" in the description (or 1080p), the part numbers for the normal 'HD' version are very similar!

I think I uploaded these photos to imageshack, which has since moved to premium accounts only and must've deleted most of my old forum post photos. I can have a look tonight and try upload them again!

Happy to answer any other questions if you need to
    Main Rig: A8 7670k @4.5GHz // Gigabyte F2A88-XM D3H // 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400MHz // Sapphire Nitro R9 380 // Samsung 850 250GB // Samsung F3 500GB // EVGA SuperNOVA 550 G2 // Dell U2312HM // Zowie EC2
    Dell Inspiron 15 Special Edition:
    i7 3612QM // 6GB RAM // 7730M // Samsung 840 250GB // Backlit K/B // 1080p Panel // Soundblaster Evo Wireless

Comment

Cheers Sarky, that was a massive help.
      Found one on ebay and ordered, now need to find a decent screen. Any recommendations? I deffo want a matte one.

Possibly this... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-DELL-I...EAAOxy039TOZNf

Not sure how to tell if it's decent or not

Comment

Photos updated as requested

Cheers Sarky, that was a massive help.
        Found one on ebay and ordered, now need to find a decent screen. Any recommendations? I deffo want a matte one.

Possibly this... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-DELL-I...EAAOxy039TOZNf

Not sure how to tell if it's decent or not
        Nice one, glad you found one! Make sure you order one with the connector at the correct side...some come on the left and others on the right - can't remember which this is unfortunately

I supposably ordered a LED panel with high colour gamut...but the ebay seller only sent a 'compatible' screen so its hard to judge. There WAS a list of compatible screens somewhere on Notebookreview I believe, but I can't find it now. I can only find this thread:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/thre...e-7520.698128/

Hope that helps a little!
        Main Rig: A8 7670k @4.5GHz // Gigabyte F2A88-XM D3H // 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400MHz // Sapphire Nitro R9 380 // Samsung 850 250GB // Samsung F3 500GB // EVGA SuperNOVA 550 G2 // Dell U2312HM // Zowie EC2
        i7 3612QM // 6GB RAM // 7730M // Samsung 840 250GB // Backlit K/B // 1080p Panel // Soundblaster Evo Wireless

Comment

Hi Sarky, I don't suppose you know the model number of the screen you ended up with, do you?
          Don't go stripping your laptop down or anything, obviously!

I've been in touch with a couple of the ebay sellers but none of them want to say for sure that their screens will work for an upgrade.
          I'm guessing they're just covering themselves, but it would take all the risk out if I had a known working model number.

Comment

Hi Sarky, I don't suppose you know the model number of the screen you ended up with, do you?
            Don't go stripping your laptop down or anything, obviously!

I've been in touch with a couple of the ebay sellers but none of them want to say for sure that their screens will work for an upgrade.
            I'm guessing they're just covering themselves, but it would take all the risk out if I had a known working model number.
            If you have a look at the below photo, you should be able to make out the model number of the one I ended up with

https://www.flickr.com/photos/sarkytyke/23714292471/

(might be worth downloading the full resolution version to make it out easier!)

Providing the listing says it is compatible with the Inspiron 7520, then it should fit!

Comment

Brilliant, much obliged

I know what you mean, but what's slightly worrying is that one of the sellers said the screen would fit ok, but that they'd had 3 customers who "couldn't get any display"... I've no idea why (wrong cable I expect)

Comment

Working...
              X