Galaxy Tab 2 7"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Galaxy Tab 2 7"

Is 149 worth it, together with the cash back from samsung bringing it down to 119 (8GB version)

However you also get a free 8GB SD card with the cash back.

up to you mate, you would be paying another 30 quid for a tegra 3 quad and 16gb onboard storage but no sd slot if you went for the nexus 7. depends if you want the extra power and the google support of the nexus or the potential capacity of the tab.
    Gaming PC: GTX 680 | FX-8320 | 12GB | Asus Crosshair Formula IV | Crucial BX100 250gb and OCZ Agility 3 60gb |1.5tb Storage| Fractal Design Arc R2 | Enermax 700w | Custom Watercooling
    Laptop: HP Elitebook 2570p - i5 2.8Ghz, 8gb Phone: Huawei P8

Comment

Its for the eldest for Xmas, and tbh he gets enough stuff.

I guess Im trying to ascertain whether there is something similar around the 120 mark thats better 162 is the cheapest Ive seen the Nexus 7 which is more than is budgeted (yup I understand need to wait for the cashback)

Comment

thats really cheap for the galaxy tab 2 7", after redemption, the dual core cpu is fine for anything current, but the Nexus 7 is obviously alot more powerful, Tegra 3 has 4 cores and it scales well, is literally 50% more powerful in generating game fps, so would last another year or two playing mainstream games.

Obviously its a bit more cash and no micro sd but it depends on what your son needs it for.

Freedom isn't free"

Comment

https://play.google.com/store/device...s_7_16gb&hl=en

google direct are cheapest, tbh up to you man, if you want to keep costs down then just go for the tab. still a pretty good device. only other competitor at that price point is the ainol novo fire/flame but getting it from a well known uk re-seller is difficult
          Gaming PC: GTX 680 | FX-8320 | 12GB | Asus Crosshair Formula IV | Crucial BX100 250gb and OCZ Agility 3 60gb |1.5tb Storage| Fractal Design Arc R2 | Enermax 700w | Custom Watercooling
          Laptop: HP Elitebook 2570p - i5 2.8Ghz, 8gb Phone: Huawei P8

Comment

Hmm seems its possible to get a Tab 2 10.1 for 160 ish with cashback deals and vouchers.

Comment

Ok, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 for wifey, and the son is getting Nexus 7 for Xmas (CPW 158 atm)

After advice about warranty, a chap at work is looking to sell his 2-3 month old Nexus 7 (he said make an offer, no idea what to offer though) does warranty still exist?

Comment

I'd go for CPW (or Aria if they'd stock them!). A piece of advice - if you get any rubbish from their customer service (especially if you need a return/refund like I did!) ask to be put through to FS (Fanatical Support) - they're allowed to do stuff "normal" support aren't.
                PC: Intel Core i5 3570k @ 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI, 2 x 4 GB Corsair XMS3 1333MHz, XFX 7870 LE.
                Laptop: Lenovo ThinkPad X220 - IntelCore i5 2520M @ 2.5Ghz, 4GB RAM

Comment

Working...
                X