300 Laptop Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 300 Laptop Advice

Parents of my friend have asked me to find a laptop with a budget of 300 in mind, nothing fancy as only going to be used for school work and internet browsing. Any good recommendations for this price point?
    Gaming PC: GTX 680 | FX-8320 | 12GB | Asus Crosshair Formula IV | Crucial BX100 250gb and OCZ Agility 3 60gb |1.5tb Storage| Fractal Design Arc R2 | Enermax 700w | Custom Watercooling
    Laptop: HP Elitebook 2570p - i5 2.8Ghz, 8gb Phone: Huawei P8

this one... http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Lapto...roductId=52197
    Originally posted by gavbon
    Your a woman, we all know your boss really

Comment

only a pentium? can get a lenovo for 320 with an i3 in it.
      Gaming PC: GTX 680 | FX-8320 | 12GB | Asus Crosshair Formula IV | Crucial BX100 250gb and OCZ Agility 3 60gb |1.5tb Storage| Fractal Design Arc R2 | Enermax 700w | Custom Watercooling

Comment

just doing my job suggesting aria products haha.. cant blame a girl for trying

http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Lapto...roductId=51948
        Originally posted by gavbon
        Your a woman, we all know your boss really

Comment

sorry didn't mean to come across sharply, arias range for the low end seems pretty poor unfortunately.

Comment

Maybe go for a 5755G Acer.

Comment

Originally posted by PinkDefault View Post
              Maybe go for a 5755G Acer.
              well out of price range though??

Comment

I picked up a new i5 sandy, with 630M, 500GB HDD, 4GB DDR3, for 350.
                I'll try and look for one, and send you a PM mate.

Comment

okay thanks mate

Comment

That X54 actually doesn't look too bad. If all you want to do is school work and internet use, why do you want/need an i3? The 5755G is a great laptop, but for 50 more than your budget, do you need the i5? :\

I'd have said get the X54, remove the HDD and get a 40 SSD, it'll be much better for your uses than the 5755G...
                    Corsair 600T | Asus Sabertooth Z77 ATX | Intel i5-3570k | Corsair H100i | Corsair Vengeance LP Black 16GB | EVGA GTX670 2GB | Mushkin Chronos 240GB

Comment

Can't find it anymore sadly (must have been some sort of deal :S?). Bought it near 3 months ago.

Comment

The i3 or i5 is not needed I know but for an extra couple of pound the i3 is definitely worth it, was only interested in the suggestion above as my my mate would love having a laptop that could play games for not much more too but unfortunately that's not available anymore, going to tell them to get the lenovo with i3 and 4gb ram for 320

Comment

Originally posted by A Ginger Sheep View Post
                          The i3 or i5 is not needed I know but for an extra couple of pound the i3 is definitely worth it, was only interested in the suggestion above as my my mate would love having a laptop that could play games for not much more too but unfortunately that's not available anymore, going to tell them to get the lenovo with i3 and 4gb ram for 320
                          Sorry matey. I guess it was a once in a life-time deal. I see them for over 450 now.

Comment

Originally posted by PinkDefault View Post
                            Sorry matey. I guess it was a once in a life-time deal. I see them for over 450 now.
                            no worries man, no need for apologies lol. you got yourself a super deal there mate

Comment

Originally posted by A Ginger Sheep View Post
                              no worries man, no need for apologies lol. you got yourself a super deal there mate
                              I sold it not long after on the bay, with a 120GB SSD on it.

Comment

Working...
                              X