Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 Inch Budget Tablet Recommendation?

Hi Guys,

I've decided the Mrs needs a tablet to keep her off my pc........I was swaying towards the Nexus 7 but when we went to see it she thought it was too small. She's only really likely to use it for browsing and skype (so decent mic/cam necessary) and we have a budget of about 160.

I know that's a tall order but looking about there do seem to be a lot of chinese brands I've never heard of.

I'm throwing it open to you guys......HELP

ty
    Originally posted by {SAS}TB
    Also gives me the chance to probe around the wife's rear end

Ainol Novo 10?

http://www.ainol-novo.com/ainol-novo...-gps-16gb.html

Comment

Originally posted by Jackster View Post
      Ah, didn't realise these were out tbh......i had looked at the Fire you started the thread for and thought it looked pretty good. Cheers

edit: Out of stock til mid Nov and only a 0.3 mp front cam
      Last edited by jointhedotz; 30-10-12, 18:27.

Comment

there are loads of dual core 9.7's about under budget, maybe you could go look at what's available from somewhere like ebellking then google for reviews

Comment

Any views on the Kindle Fire HD? Looking at the reviews of the chinese 10 inchers is making my head hurt. Mrs already has a regular kindle so the tie-in would probably be good for her, seems to tick the boxes....

Comment

We got my 9 year old niece the Sumvision Astro+9.7 tablet for her birthday a few months ago and she is very happy with it, but might not be as suitable for an older person.
            Removed my picture as I have now sold it all

Comment

The Kindle Fire HD is very disappointing, performance is really bad and it stutters trying to playback videos, maybe for light use it could be alright but definitely better options out there.
              Intel i5 3570k - ASRock Z77E-ITX - Corsair H100i - Exceleram 8GB 1600MHz - 2x Kingston HyperX 3K 240GB SSD - Samsung 840EVO 1TB SSD - Asus 960 Strix - Silverstone 500W SFX-L - NCASE M1 - Dell U2414H
              Lenovo Yoga 11S - Intel i3 3229Y - 128GB SSD - Intel HD4000 - 11.6" IPS Screen

Comment

Having similar problems... it seems the 7" tablets are pretty good spec/value... but the 10" you have to spend a fortune to not end up with a rubbish chinese knock-off
                --
                Fractal R4 (shhh!) 3570k, z77x-d3h, 16gb, R9-270X, 240gb SSD, 2tb mirror w/ 60gb cache drive

Comment

I had a new Asus TF101 in my bay watch list at 179.99 buy it now the other week, not bad for a new Asus 10" tablet, so worth keeping an eye out

Comment

My advent vega running corus 5 is doing ok.

Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming K7. Ryzen 1700. 16GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB. Zotac GTX980ti Amp Omega Edition. Samsung 840 500 GB SSD. WD 1 TB Green. XFX 750w XTR Psu. Creative GIgaworks T20 series 2 speakers. Asus DX 7.1. Phanteks Enthoo ATX Glass case. iiyama G-master GE2788HS Monitor. Cyborg V7. TT Theron mouse.

Comment

Originally posted by Avro View Post
                      The Kindle Fire HD is very disappointing, performance is really bad and it stutters trying to playback videos, maybe for light use it could be alright but definitely better options out there.
                      Hmmm, not good to hear, how are you playing the movies out of curiosity?

I'm guessing amazon will update software at some point and if not it could always be flashed with another rom....decisions decisions....wish i'd kept more of an eye on tablets.

Cheers for the input guys

Comment

Originally posted by jointhedotz View Post
                        Hmmm, not good to hear, how are you playing the movies out of curiosity?

I'm guessing amazon will update software at some point and if not it could always be flashed with another rom....decisions decisions....wish i'd kept more of an eye on tablets.

Cheers for the input guys
                        I only used the demo in John Lewis so through the default player but considering it has actually been out for a while in the US I'd have thought they'd fix it if it could be.
                        Intel i5 3570k - ASRock Z77E-ITX - Corsair H100i - Exceleram 8GB 1600MHz - 2x Kingston HyperX 3K 240GB SSD - Samsung 840EVO 1TB SSD - Asus 960 Strix - Silverstone 500W SFX-L - NCASE M1 - Dell U2414H
                        Lenovo Yoga 11S - Intel i3 3229Y - 128GB SSD - Intel HD4000 - 11.6" IPS Screen

Comment

Save up for a Nexus 10 imho

I type 90 WPM, Click Here to try
                          i7 3770k @ 4.6ghz | Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H | R9 290| 16GB Ram @ 1600mhz
                          Nikon D5100 + Kit Lens + 50mm 1.8G - 16-35mm F4 VR // Ultrasone PRO 2900s - Audio GD NFB-3.1 - Neco Mosfett Amp

Comment

Originally posted by Naphta View Post
                            Save up for a Nexus 10 imho
                            319 is more than we'd be willing to spend on what's essentially a 'toy' tbh, we're really only looking as we just got a suprise 320 quid leccy refund.... (my half went on a HP N40L )

Comment

a competitor is selling the 10" HannsPad for 99.98, there's big community support for that

Comment

Working...
                              X