Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am not buying anything from Hannspree again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am not buying anything from Hannspree again!

Last September I bought a tablet.

The Hannspree HANNSpad.

150 Tegra 2 512RAM 1GHz.

Nice!

Custom OS did not come with the Market but meh, I installed ICS very soon after.

2 months ago I was working on kitchen so had no room or time to play on the tablet.

So I stored it with a few other computer things in my big Ikea wardrobe. You know the one? That big one with draws that you buy in a pack?

So 2 weeks ago I got it out and the dam thing was not charged.

So I tried to plug the plug into the socket..... "This does not feel right....". (That's what she said?).

So I had a peek and the pin had dropped.

Still attached but not properly.

So I call so called Hasspree's phone number and get routed to some 3rd party.

They say that they won't cover it as,, wait for it....

"Been to heavy handed"....................

Yerrr.

20 inspection fee and 25 for labour AND PARTS.....

"Most of the time we just replace the motherboard".... Great?

So having a read though Hannspree's warranty it seams like they don't cover ANYTHING.
    The warranty is full of "This limited warranty ONLY COVERS failures due to defects in materials or workmanship."

Well this is a defect as I hardly use the thing in the first place and the fact that it is not bent because I am "heavy handed"....

Currently trying to get hold of someone at Hasspree as that is appalling as far as I can see.

Not going to buy anything from them again as that warranty is crap.

Serious discussion for this!?

Can't you just bend the pin back up slightly?
    Intel i5 3570k - ASRock Z77E-ITX - Corsair H100i - Exceleram 8GB 1600MHz - 2x Kingston HyperX 3K 240GB SSD - Samsung 840EVO 1TB SSD - Asus 960 Strix - Silverstone 500W SFX-L - NCASE M1 - Dell U2414H
    Lenovo Yoga 11S - Intel i3 3229Y - 128GB SSD - Intel HD4000 - 11.6" IPS Screen

Comment

Originally posted by Avro View Post
      Serious discussion for this!?

Can't you just bend the pin back up slightly?

Not read what I have said? "and the fact that it is not bent"...

Yes Serious as am being serious.

Comment

"it is not bent because I am "heavy handed"...."
        Means it is bent for a reason other than being heavy handed. Anyway, the way the pins are in charger ports there is a fixing at the back so the unless the pin detatches itself it can not come out.
        Intel i5 3570k - ASRock Z77E-ITX - Corsair H100i - Exceleram 8GB 1600MHz - 2x Kingston HyperX 3K 240GB SSD - Samsung 840EVO 1TB SSD - Asus 960 Strix - Silverstone 500W SFX-L - NCASE M1 - Dell U2414H
        Lenovo Yoga 11S - Intel i3 3229Y - 128GB SSD - Intel HD4000 - 11.6" IPS Screen

Comment

Sounds to me like you broke it.

Freedom isn't free"

Comment

I have no way broken this.

It is only used for reading websites and watching TV at night before going to bed.

Stays in it's protective holder 24/7 too.

Comment

Mine is on its fourth owner on here i think and fine.

Freedom isn't free"

Comment

Well then there must be a problem with the quality of the materials that they used for mine at least.

For a pin to drop the pin would have need to be put under stress to brake or not good enough quality to last for it's purpose.

The fact that the pin is in a tube that a plug fits into, it is very hard to put pressure on the pin as you can't move the plug any other way than in and out.

Comment

thread moved - this is a rant, not a disussion
                  Please see thread, here for how post reports are dealt with.
                  Forum Guidelines here

Comment

You sure you aren't another Mr Nothersan?
                    8gb Geil BlackDragon RAM | Radeon 7850 2GB | i7 860 @2.8ghz | ASUS Maximus III Extreme

Comment

The SD card slot looks like it's lined up fine and the rest of the socket is in place so the board hasn't moved, the pin has been bent. it if didn't feel right when you pushed the plug in, chances are thats when you bent it. there could have been a bit of debris in the socket and you forcing the power jack in made the pin bend.

Just re bend it straight or solder a new one on.

Comment

As I said. The pin is not bent.

I did not force the plug in as I don't force things in any way.

If I tilt the tablet the pin falls to the bottom because of gravity.

It is like having a arm pulled out of it's socket. Still attached but freely moves around.

Comment

well it didnt just break itself did it.

Freedom isn't free"

Comment

Originally posted by El Wayneo View Post
                            well it didnt just break itself did it.
                            Please tell me then how it broke as it looks like you know.

As I have not broke it by pushing the plug in it..

Comment

Originally posted by Jackster View Post
                              Please tell me then how it broke as it looks like you know.

As I have not broke it by pushing the plug in it..
                              Proof and pudding yadayadayada.

I type 90 WPM, Click Here to try
                              i7 3770k @ 4.6ghz | Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H | R9 290| 16GB Ram @ 1600mhz
                              Nikon D5100 + Kit Lens + 50mm 1.8G - 16-35mm F4 VR // Ultrasone PRO 2900s - Audio GD NFB-3.1 - Neco Mosfett Amp

Comment

Working...
                              X