Solder traces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solder traces

I'm replacing the jack on a Toshiba A60. Two traces on the board have peeled nearby, probably from the soldering iron heat. So ****ed off.

Is there any way of reconnecting them? There's still copper showing on both sides.
    Last edited by spleenharvester; 19-07-12, 20:33.
    Dell Vostro 3560 | Intel Core i5-3380M | 8GB RAM | HD4000 graphics | Sandisk SSDPlus 120GB | Windows 10 Pro

yes there are pens from repairing broken traces

Comment

They seem to cost more than the board's worth though, hm. I think I might just cut my losses, it was only a lowly A60 I got for a tenner in the hope of reselling.
      Dell Vostro 3560 | Intel Core i5-3380M | 8GB RAM | HD4000 graphics | Sandisk SSDPlus 120GB | Windows 10 Pro

Comment

10 quid on ebay

Comment

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CHEMTRONIC...item1e6f6a2720

well 14

Comment

I've been reading up on it and I think I'll just scrap the board. Apparently length, width, shape etc of tracks determine their resistance, capacitance and whatnot. To be honest I don't think I could sell on something to somebody in the knowledge there could be problems down the line.

Got full plastics, an immaculate 15" screen, DVD drive, HDD for 10 though so I guess I can't really complain.

Also, I messaged a seller who had a set of faulty boards asking if any of them had bad jacks (since I'd already ordered a new jack). The answer was "not currently but if you buy one I can snap it for you".

Comment

Working...
            X