Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I buy an ASUS Transformer Pad TF300?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I buy an ASUS Transformer Pad TF300?

Hi guys, seriously considering getting an Asus Transformer pad TF300 with docking station, basically I want a tablet that works out of the box flawlessly with no fiddling or faff, going to be using it at work as I do sleep in shifts and want it to watch youtube, read comics / books and play games on, I know its a bit costly at 400 but it is something I have been eyeing up for a long time, will I feel disappointed at spending that much on it?

Really also just want to see what your opinions are on it, not of other tablets, and I do know the google tablet is coming out next week, I don't really want a 7 inch tablet though as I feel it will limit what I am able to do / not be able to do it properly and the 10 inch size is not a downside as won't be using it in public that much / when I do I have the dock.
    For everything that could have been
    Well at least we took the ride
    There's no relief in bitterness
    May as well let it die

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10? Not sure what the difference is between the two, and how important the differences are.

Comment

Asus has dock, better cpu etc, if I am going to buy an upper end tablet it will be the Asus, just curious of peoples opinions on it, not other tablets.
      May as well let it die

Comment

I tend to skim read posts, I now see you are set on a transformer!

At this point I can offer no advice!

Comment

Well I went and got it, all I have to say really is that I think I'm in love! its beautifully smooth, comics look amazing, videos run great, yet to try out gaming but going to get myself a wired xbox controller tomorrow and give it a go, will report back my experience and probably do a review at some point
          May as well let it die

Comment

Im waiting for the W8 version well i was, the Surface might offer a better option for me now as i have the ASUS Zenbook so if i need real typing surfaces thats got me covered. I do agree though - Asus really are shining atm

Comment

Originally posted by Traldera View Post
              Im waiting for the W8 version well i was, the Surface might offer a better option for me now as i have the ASUS Zenbook so if i need real typing surfaces thats got me covered. I do agree though - Asus really are shining atm
              After a few days of use I am absolutely loving it, an xbox 360 wired controller works with no faffing about which is real sweet,got dead trigger, an android shooter which is good fun, also got a ff7 rom and it works perfectly.
              Graphic novels look amazing as does anything, the screen is crystal clear and blows my monitor quality out of the window, yet to watch a HD movie on it but no doubt it will be great.
              The speaker is surprisingly loud and punchy and puts out some good base, my only real gripe is that when docked it is a bit top heavy and prone to falling over but putting something up against it soon solves that.

Along with it running ICS it runs like a dream, if you want a top end tablet look no further in my opinion
              May as well let it die

Comment

Yeah the falling over was the other reason i didnt get them - IMO if in laptop mode it cant sit itself up then it defeats the purpose of why it was made, i would have most likely bought it without the dock myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Traldera View Post
                  Yeah the falling over was the other reason i didnt get them - IMO if in laptop mode it cant sit itself up then it defeats the purpose of why it was made, i would have most likely bought it without the dock myself.
                  As I said it is a little annoying but hardly takes any effort to remedy and considering its 400 for a tegra 3, very well made tablet with a dock then that is pretty awesome, I even found some 6 tablet desk stands that would totally remedy the problem on ebay.
                  May as well let it die

Comment

Working...
                  X