Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to do with working laptop with some faults? Easy repair or what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• darklighthim
    replied
    Got the thing on the bay as i just don't wanna go through the hassle of fixing it or trying to since i'd end up messing things up even more. As long as i can get enough for it in order to go towards something to replace it then i don't mind who buys it and what they do with it.

Would have loved to have kept it since it was speedy enough for my use and i could get some gaming done albeit older games but sadly the faults just are too much to ignore.

Leave a comment:

• darklighthim
    replied
    It's a perfectly decent laptop for day to day use even with the faults so i could sell it as working but with faults and see how much i make from it and put that towards something new maybe even a tablet nut more than likely a netbook or other laptop. I am not too comfortable to repair it myself as i'd only make it worse but could list all the parts i need and see if there is anywhere that would be able to then fix it with the parts i bought.

With an SSD and the faults fixed i'm sure the laptop would be pretty good considering the specs which although not mind-blowing are still more than acceptable so if i do sell it someone will surely want it as a project or whatever.

Leave a comment:

• cruciate
    replied
    A new battery is easy.

A new speaker set and trackpad isn't so much. BUT, if you can source the parts, I bet fitting them wouldn't be that hard. Its the sourcing thats the problem.

Leave a comment:

• bigdan676
    replied
    Persoanly I would sell it as working but with faults, Or you could find out the cost of the parts you need first, then see if its feasible or not to repair it.

Leave a comment:

• What to do with working laptop with some faults? Easy repair or what?

I have the laptop in my sig but it now has some faults and i am wondering what to do with it.

The faults are that it has are that one speaker is removed as it broke and made terrible noises, The other speaker is broke to the point where it sometimes works but mostly doesn't, The trackpad is non functioning and finally the battery won't hold a charge. Apart from those problems listed it still works as good as the specs allow and you wouldn't know of those problems if you used it in a desktop PC fashion with your own keyboard, mouse, speaker and monitor connected up to it on a desk.

Would it be easy and or worth it to try and get it repaired or sell it for spares/repair? If i did sell it then i'd want to replace it with maybe a cheap but netbook or if i could somehow save up a bit of cash another cheapish laptop as i do have a use for a portable machine just not mine due to the faults.
Working...
X