Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• radial
    replied
    I've had several Acer products in the past that have lasted well beyond their warranty, still using a Revo in the bedroom for an HTPC that I've had over 2 years and it's still working perfectly.

Leave a comment:

• Traldera
    replied
    Sounds good apart from the Acer part worst brand ever on reliability, i hope the purchase has a warranty

Leave a comment:

• radial
    replied
    Well got the laptop delivered today and gotta say the build quality is incredibly good for the money, feels very solid, barely any keyboard flex, the screen is VERY vibrant, and it's very quick (bloatware removed)!

All in all a good purchase that I know he's gonna be happy with.

R.

Leave a comment:

• radial
    replied
    A good enough deal came up on eBay today (via a competitors outlet) for an Acer Aspire
    5733Z, not the best of specs, but for what he wants it for it should be perfect... P6200@ 2.13 GHz, 4 GB, 500 GB & Win 7 Home Premium for 259.98, all in all looks like a good deal to me, as it's saved 60 from what I was looking at for him and I doubt he'd know the difference (considering he's coming from an old 1.6 GHz single core system running Vista I'd say it'll be a vast improvement

Leave a comment:

• El Wayneo
    replied
    I would get that 17" lenovo mate.

Leave a comment:

• radial
    replied
    Thanks for the suggestions fellas, I'll go check the Dell Outlet now Pepp

Leave a comment:

• Pepp77
    replied
    My mum has just bought a new laptop and after looking at lots of different models she went with an Acer X53 (Basically the same as the X54 but with an aluminium palm rest area I believe) as she thought it looked the nicest and had a good keyboard.

Hers has an i3-2350 with 6GB of RAM and was 350.

Would you consider a Dell Factory Certified Refurb?

Leave a comment:

• TheMadDutchDude
    replied
    I'd get the ASUS. Slightly faster CPU, double the RAM, three years warranty, and an entire penny cheaper!

Oh, on another note. I don't know what the Lenovo quality is like (I heard that it is good?) but the ASUS laptops are lovely. My girlfriend has one of their newer ones (second gen i3 etc.) and it is really lovely to use.
    Last edited by TheMadDutchDude; 05-06-12, 19:41.

Leave a comment:

• radial
    started a topic Laptop for Brother in Law

Laptop for Brother in Law

Hi all,

BiL has asked me to source him a laptop as he has no idea what he needs, and has set a budget of 300 - 320 absolute max, he's just wanting it for Internet, Email, Word processing etc, nothing taxing, perhaps the odd bit of iPlayer etc

So far the following have ticked the right boxes, but there are so many to choose from these days I just wondered if anyone has a recommendation for something in that price range.

Asus X54C | B960@2.2 GHz, 8 GB, 500 GB | 319.97
    Lenovo IdeaPad G570 | B940@2.0 GHz, 4 GB, 500 GB | 319.98

Many thanks,

R.
Working...
X