safe temps for dell N5010?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• safe temps for dell N5010?

Hello i have been playing around on my dell inspiron r15 on sants row3 and othergames.

my worry is i have seen temps getting upto (82c on the cpu 10min play) and 5650m (83 10min play) is this safe?

i am using the rubbish targus chill mat too help cool.

thanks you for your time

Hmmm they are a tad on the high end, they are not unsafe by any means, just very close to the auto-off limits. Is that with or without the charger plugged in?

Comment

with it in. any idea to lower it? i thinking of doing this: http://blog.parts-people.com/2012/04...-installation/

but looks a bit hard :/

Comment

for applying thurmo compound to cpu do i only apply a very small amount on the black blocks of the cpu?

Comment

Tbh that's not too bad for a laptop, temp limits are usually higher on them anyway.

I regularly sit at 80ish while gaming for a few hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Seb.F View Post
            Tbh that's not too bad for a laptop, temp limits are usually higher on them anyway.

I regularly sit at 80ish while gaming for a few hours.
            yer but thats only 10min :L and its more 85 :/

Comment

That's fine. I've done video rendering on my laptop, managed to pass the 100c mark! It's at that point you get worried!
              Corsair 600T | Asus Sabertooth Z77 ATX | Intel i5-3570k | Corsair H100i | Corsair Vengeance LP Black 16GB | EVGA GTX670 2GB | Mushkin Chronos 240GB

Comment

I think you only need to get worried if the laptop begins to auto-shutdown. If it does start to do that something is wrong as its exceeded the manufacturers desired safe limit. If as with yours its running as normal dell have decided its within the safe zone for the laptop so you should be fine

Comment

but coretemp says 90c max :S

Comment

Ignore coretemp. 90 is too high for a desktop, but laptops can go over 115 degrees for ages.
                    PC: Intel Core i5 3570k @ 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI, 2 x 4 GB Corsair XMS3 1333MHz, XFX 7870 LE.
                    Laptop: Lenovo ThinkPad X220 - IntelCore i5 2520M @ 2.5Ghz, 4GB RAM

Comment

Originally posted by benzeman View Post
                      Ignore coretemp. 90 is too high for a desktop, but laptops can go over 115 degrees for ages.
                      Tanks guy and the gpu is ok too?

Comment

Originally posted by benzeman View Post
                        Its more that if it goes over the 90 degrees it will auto-shutdown, which obviously is a pain in the ***

Comment

Buy a notebook cooler if you are using it for sustained periods of time.
                          Gaming PC:i5 2500k|MSI Mpower Z77 | Kingston HyperX Grey 8GB 1600MHZ | ThermalTake Frio | MSI 6950 Twin Frozr III 2GB Crossfire | Samsung 840 PRO 250GB SSD | XFX Pro 850W Modular PSU | Corsair 600t Case

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
                            Buy a notebook cooler if you are using it for sustained periods of time.
                            i have, it the targus chill mat.... its rubbish so i just oreded coolermaster u3

Comment

Working...
                            X