No announcement yet.

FREE LAPTOP... SPECS ANY GOOD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Many are going ocz petrol over ocz agility/vertex/ect due to the reliability issues with sandforce controllers. Only time will tell if its hype I guess.

Comment

brilliant replys guys..... im so impressed with aria forums.... it kicks rings out of other forums ...and the speed of replys is excellent.... anyway im also considering a "hybrid sata drive" which has a mix of both nand flash technology ( found in ssd,s ) and mechanical platters.... i actually thought they were 3.5" form factor but they are 2.5" and with more GB for your dollar its a better option
      the "
      Momentus XT Solid State Hybrid Drive

has some impressive specs.... and it works by moving your "most used" applications to the ssd part of the drive... however from all accounts it requires between 4 to 6 reboots to acheive its optimal performance..... but as i mentioned you get larger capacitys compared to ssd,s ... a 500gb Seagate Momentus XT can be found for around 70... for that price you would get a 60gb ssd... big difference
      thanks guys
      Intel core i5 3330 3.0ghz,8GB XMS3 1333MHZ (2 X 4GB),MSI R9 270x,128gb SSD (boot) + 1tb wd sata ,msi z77a-g41 mobo,asus xonar dgx ,520w seasonic psu,aerocool xpredator x1 devil red chassis

Comment

They hybrid drives are alright but have just tacked on hdd cache ability that any z68(or later) mobo has/should have. For most people a 120gb ssd and external for storage fills whatever needs they have. If for example your storing films or music your not going to need massive speeds to watch them or move them enough to justify the cost.

I would just watch the superspecials for ssds have been some nice deals on mushkins and Kingston this week and prices going down all the time. Also pick up a 2.5 enclosure and use the hdd your replacing as an external drive.

Comment

Originally posted by Nevbox View Post
          My point was you don't exactly get the full potential of the SSD, if you bought something like an m4. but the ocz petrol has lower r/w speeds so it doesn't matter.
          would always go for a faster drive because I would take it to my next laptop.

Comment

As clockwise states, the current sweet spot is a 120GB SSD. They are fairly affordable and give you enough space to use without thinking too much. You can then use external storage if you need some serious space
            i7 Sandy@4.5Ghz w/HT,BeQuiet Advanced,HD7850,
            ASUS P8P67 PRO,2x4GB Blackline DDR3,
            650W XFX PSU,Pioneer 216,256GB SSD,
            Fractal Arc Case loaded with quiet fans.

Comment

I can see the argument of getting faster for the future, but as I'm sure everyone here has noticed SSD prices are falling through the floor. Unless something screws up the demand, by the time you do your 'future computer' SSDs will either be really cheap or will be just as cheap as now with much faster/more efficient tech in them. I think your ok with basics for now

Comment

well i got a call of the guy who gave me the toshiba sattelite p200 and ive just been given another free laptop... again this is doa.. however i dont have the power adapter to test it ( requires 19v/3.42A ) ... anyway its a acer 5715Z (ICL50) .. T2330 pentium dual core mobile ,2gb ddr2 pc25300,200gb HDD ..... 15.4 widescreen display ...... that said even if its a dud i will remove the 2 x ddr2 sodimms and the 200gb 2.5" sata HDD ...

theres also a key missing and being white this may hard to replace...( if i get it working ) ...... that said ive got a gut feeling this is totally dead..... but ill give it the standard once over including a clean with air duster and use the dyson to suck any muck from the vents.... thats a big mistake many guys make... they use air duster on the laptop vents which only push the dirt further in.... a general household vaccum cleaner will remove all dirt and dust from the vents.....
                keep you guys posted
                Intel core i5 3330 3.0ghz,8GB XMS3 1333MHZ (2 X 4GB),MSI R9 270x,128gb SSD (boot) + 1tb wd sata ,msi z77a-g41 mobo,asus xonar dgx ,520w seasonic psu,aerocool xpredator x1 devil red chassis

Comment

Nice mate. You keep the acer and send the toshiba to me lol.
                  Back up and running fully

Comment

That first laptops not bad mate, i have a Toshiba Tecra M5 which came with a T2400 1.83GHz centrino duo(Core duo), 2x512MB (though i upped the ram from 2x2Gb), 60GB HDD and Nvidia Quadro 110M.

I find my lappy to be more than fast enough for general day to day use i.e. web browsing, messenger and media playback (not so much HD) plus it can game somewhat albeit in with older games or new titles that are super less demanding say for example ANGRY BIRDS...etc.
                    "They're gonna find out
                    I don't know who they are or what they're gonna find out
                    But they're gonna find out
                    And it's gonna be over real quick"

Comment

Working...
                    X