No announcement yet.

Spec me a Tablet please :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Link to ICS thread for hannspads, nearly there.

http://www.tabletroms.com/forums/hannspad-rom-development/3963-ice-cream-sandwich-snapshot-new-year-edition.html

Freedom isn't free"

Comment

Originally posted by sibeer View Post
      Going to be well supported and cheap, they have hamstrung it to keep costs down though. No SD slot, hack to install google market, old version of Android, 7" screen, low spec dual processor, no HDMI, etc. $200 is likely to translate to around 150, I am going to keep trying to find the holy grail of a fully featured 10.1" Tab for 200 (or see what the iPad 3 comes out with)
      Well, it's rootable, and Amazon have pretty much said they are not fussed about it being rooted by a small minority which is nice. Believe some people have already got a (not yet perfect) version of ICS on there.

Originally posted by gray.woodford View Post
      kindle fire is supposed to be released in uk by the end of the month and they have managed to get full android market place working on it, just an idea its what im waiting for i think
      So far as I know there has been no indication of a release date yet by amazon. Though i'd like it if you were right, as I'm quite likely to get one.

Comment

Yeah Kindle Fire is still waiting release date in UK, i read before xmas that they are still struggling in USA to make enough to sell, so i doubt it'll be soon, some say end of Jan, but theres supposed to be a 10" on the way in March in USA so maybe as demand drops we'll get it here.

Google are supposed to making an actual tablet as well that'll be cheap and running ICS, beings as they brought Motorola we can expect it to be a reincarnation of one of those i feel.

Freedom isn't free"

Comment

Yeah I'd heard about the google tablet, hard to see how they will reasonably compete with Amazon though as they can't use store-sales to subsidise and supplement the device in the same way.

Still, a new cheaper generation of lower-spec but still reasonable tables suits me well, as I don't really have a need for a tablet which would justify spending ipad/transformer money on one, but if it's cheap enough I'll get one just to muck around with.

Comment

Google will just charge more for the topend subscribers to Android is all, they won't have to pay $30 for Jellybeannugget license so can straightaway have a price advantage over similar tablets.

Or they'll just update android slower for everyone else and if you want the latest Android O/S you have a google tablet.

Freedom isn't free"

Comment

Originally posted by El Wayneo View Post
              Ice Cream Sandwich is nearing completion on the Hannspads, 10 inch Tegra 2 with 16gb storage and a micro sd and hdmi out, no cameras on it but i only paid 127 for mine and they were only 150 anyway.

Running Gtab3.3 on mine atm and its pretty good, plays most games, full market and will play Divx movies, i did a video http://forums.aria.co.uk/showthread....deo?highlight=

Thats running hannstitan i think gtab3.3 is better and ICS will be awesome.

Just had a look around and they are 180 which makes it not so bargaintastic as 127 and selling for around 145 on eBay, but still a good bit of kit.
              At 127 those were a bargain specwise, the mod community has made it well worth that. Same goes for the Viewsonic G Tablet and variants such as the Advent Vega which was 130 from Ebay Currys Outlet yesterday.
              i7 Sandy@4.5Ghz w/HT,BeQuiet Advanced,HD7850,
              ASUS P8P67 PRO,2x4GB Blackline DDR3,
              650W XFX PSU,Pioneer 216,256GB SSD,
              Fractal Arc Case loaded with quiet fans.

Comment

kindle fire gets my vote considering you want a cheaper tablet for reading

Comment

Originally posted by greecean View Post
                  kindle fire gets my vote considering you want a cheaper tablet for reading
                  screens are horrible though..

Comment

Are they THAT bad?
                    i7 Sandy@4.5Ghz w/HT,BeQuiet Advanced,HD7850,
                    ASUS P8P67 PRO,2x4GB Blackline DDR3,
                    650W XFX PSU,Pioneer 216,256GB SSD,
                    Fractal Arc Case loaded with quiet fans.

Comment

I think people expect too much from budget tablets, i took my hannspad to my money bags brother in laws and he says its rubbish compared to his ipad 2, nevermind that the display/screen in his ipad cost as much as my whole tablet and i could've bought 4 hannspads for the same price.

Only seen videos of the kindle fire but it looks fine for what will be just under 200.

Freedom isn't free"

Comment

From what I've seen of it, and considering they allegedly male a loss on every one sold as well, I'd be disappointed to spend 200 quid on the Fire tbh, the screen just doesn't look up to scratch imo
                        but I guess it's a personal thing. I know people who swear blind that the iPad has a screen

Comment

Prob not wat ur after mate but went into my local currys / pcworld today and they now have something called infinity.

Its basically hire purchase that includes the whatever happens warranty. After the two years you either swap the tablet over and keep paying. Doing this they will give you 25% of the cost off your next one. Or you pay a small fee and get to keep the tablet.

Samsung galaxy 10.1 worked out at 30pm for 24months. Few little extrad included like cloud storeage etc. Little expensive in the long run but may mean you could get a better tablet.
                          Back up and running fully

Comment

Thanks for all the suggestions so far

Liking the look of the Hannspad, I ain't expecting it to be super top of the range for the price I am paying but out of all of em I have looked at the hannspad has a big screen and looks good!

Not keen on the hire purchase thing as I do not want to spend that much on a tablet for now at least and that 30 a month could go to many better uses, thanks for the suggestion anyway.

As I am not getting it for a month I am hoping prices may drop a little in that time or there are some new budget releases
                            For everything that could have been
                            Well at least we took the ride
                            There's no relief in bitterness
                            May as well let it die

Comment

Get your self into the world of pc and see what last stock they have yesterday they had the acer iconia a500 for 245 last model in store, also argos had them for 280 new if you do a postcoad look up you may still pick one up.

Comment

Working...
                              X