Spec me a Tablet please :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spec me a Tablet please :)

Hi guys, looking at maybe getting a tablet next month, got 200-300 to spend and want something that does not suffer from horrible input lag or being to slow, main uses I think will be browsing and reading comics / graphic novels.

Cheers!
    For everything that could have been
    Well at least we took the ride
    There's no relief in bitterness
    May as well let it die

Might be worth checking your local world of pc's, they have the dell streak 7 inch on sale for 100 down from 200, not the best but for the money......my area has none :-(
    Originally posted by {SAS}TB
    Also gives me the chance to probe around the wife's rear end

Comment

The Gadget show did a episode on tablets.
      The woman tested 3 "budget" tablets.
      Look it up and see if you like it
      The North will never forget!

Comment

Originally posted by jointhedotz View Post
        Might be worth checking your local world of pc's, they have the dell streak 7 inch on sale for 100 down from 200, not the best but for the money......my area has none :-(
        Damn for 100 that would be a bargain, i cant see them listed on their site anymore, might pop in to mine tomorrow to check
        Gigabyte GA Z87MX-3DH, Intel i5 4670k, Gigabyte HD7970 Windforce X3, 8gb Samsung Green 1600mhz, Pioneer BD-R, 2 TB Hitatchi 7200 64mb, Crucial M4 64gb Cache Drive, Win8 Pro x64

Comment

With dsg disncontinued lines are rarely on the web. They get moved to clearance stores mate.
          Back up and running fully

Comment

i c
            Gigabyte GA Z87MX-3DH, Intel i5 4670k, Gigabyte HD7970 Windforce X3, 8gb Samsung Green 1600mhz, Pioneer BD-R, 2 TB Hitatchi 7200 64mb, Crucial M4 64gb Cache Drive, Win8 Pro x64

Comment

Scam had the viewpad 7 for 140

Freedom isn't free"

Comment

I saw them, are they any good?

Comment

My mate had one a while ago, they are ok, worth the 140 atm but not too much more tbh, there was quite a bit of dev support for them as well.

Stil probs better trying to find a Vega for the same money,

Freedom isn't free"

Comment

Spotted on ebay what looks to be a cracking little 7" tablet, name leaves a lot to be desired Ainol Novo7, capacative screen, comes with a 1ghz cpu, 8gb & 512mb ram, microsd, hdmi etc etc, honeycombe 3.2 with ICS coming for a little more than 90 quite a few video reviews on youtube on them

Comment

I'd probably get a transformer prime.

I type 90 WPM, Click Here to try
                      i7 3770k @ 4.6ghz | Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H | R9 290| 16GB Ram @ 1600mhz
                      Nikon D5100 + Kit Lens + 50mm 1.8G - 16-35mm F4 VR // Ultrasone PRO 2900s - Audio GD NFB-3.1 - Neco Mosfett Amp

Comment

Originally posted by Naphta View Post
                        I'd probably get a transformer prime.
                        If you can get them for 200-300 then you should get selling them

If you are looking to get a tablet the first decision should be OS then the 2nd should be size required. You could pick up and iPad 2 for around 300 very easily in under 2 months when the iPad 3 comes out. The Blackberry Playbook is also a really well made tablet, great for browsing and has some android compatibility that is bound to improve. For 170 at 7" it is great hardware for the cash (just a shame it isn't native android IMO).

If like me you are looking at Android as the OS of choice it is worth noting that over in the US there have been lots of cheap prices for tablets that have been under performing sales wise that we are yet to see here. Current 10.1" Tegra 2 based models from Toshiba, Motorola and Acer have been doing the rounds at under $300, there is also a brand new Tegra 2 based Acer due in the next couple of weeks with $330 as the RRP. Over here all the models so far at a similar 200 or below have either been considerably lower specs or required some serious work on the part of the user to get the best out of them (looking at the likes of the Archos, Advent and Viewsonic Tegra 2s here). Personally I am waiting for a good model to hit that sweet spot, or one which requires some work to be around 100.
                        i7 Sandy@4.5Ghz w/HT,BeQuiet Advanced,HD7850,
                        ASUS P8P67 PRO,2x4GB Blackline DDR3,
                        650W XFX PSU,Pioneer 216,256GB SSD,
                        Fractal Arc Case loaded with quiet fans.

Comment

kindle fire is supposed to be released in uk by the end of the month and they have managed to get full android market place working on it, just an idea its what im waiting for i think

Comment

Going to be well supported and cheap, they have hamstrung it to keep costs down though. No SD slot, hack to install google market, old version of Android, 7" screen, low spec dual processor, no HDMI, etc. $200 is likely to translate to around 150, I am going to keep trying to find the holy grail of a fully featured 10.1" Tab for 200 (or see what the iPad 3 comes out with)
                            i7 Sandy@4.5Ghz w/HT,BeQuiet Advanced,HD7850,
                            ASUS P8P67 PRO,2x4GB Blackline DDR3,
                            650W XFX PSU,Pioneer 216,256GB SSD,
                            Fractal Arc Case loaded with quiet fans.

Comment

Ice Cream Sandwich is nearing completion on the Hannspads, 10 inch Tegra 2 with 16gb storage and a micro sd and hdmi out, no cameras on it but i only paid 127 for mine and they were only 150 anyway.

Running Gtab3.3 on mine atm and its pretty good, plays most games, full market and will play Divx movies, i did a video http://forums.aria.co.uk/showthread....deo?highlight=

Thats running hannstitan i think gtab3.3 is better and ICS will be awesome.

Just had a look around and they are 180 which makes it not so bargaintastic as 127 and selling for around 145 on eBay, but still a good bit of kit.

Freedom isn't free"

Comment

Working...
                              X