Lexibook First Tablet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lexibook First Tablet

POssibly not the best place to put this but here goes.

My Mrs bought my 7 year old one of these for him to use moshi monsters etc online. Since it is using Android 2.1 we cannot seem to install Flash player from the LExi MArket. Cannot find any information on upgrading the OS to a newer version.

Does this need to go back from whence it came or is it going to be usable for him.

Cheers Guys n Gals

UrKo
    Back up and running fully

I didnt think andriod could play flash unless it has the software built into it like on some tablets. I know my galaxy cant play flash and their are no apps on market place either.

Comment

Have flash on my galaxy s2. There is a flash on the lexi market but i get a parse error think its because its for android 3. Flash 11 on there.

Comment

Try this - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=686736?

Maybe this http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/...clair-devices/ ?
        Pentium G620T | ASUS P8H61-I | 4GB Patriot 1333Mhz | 64GB Cruical M4 | Antec ISK300-150

Comment

No joy on either. Thanks for the links. Can see me returning this and look for a replacment.

Comment

The advent vega comes with no market and basic apps and to get flash working it needed to be updated , we were able to root it and install a custom ROM so problem fixed.
            As there is no support on XDA for it you could ask in the development section for help with it, it will only be a matter of time before some one sorts it out on XDA.

Comment

This will be based on some chhheaappppp tablet, even if you do get flash going it will be slow as hell and probs wont work with 50%+ of the apps

There is a reason people avoid cheap tablets and buy 400+ ones

Comment

Told her what to get mate. Women know best though lol

Comment

Just been googling around, and as expected there is nothing about rooting or upgrading it. I think you may just have to stick with how it is :/

Comment

No luck finding anything except a rep on the argos site saying it does work,..... rest of the internet says nay. Tbh flash is critical for mobiles and tablets. Get a refund
                    sn45g ,athlon 2500+ 256mb ram, geforce 2 80 gig HD
                    !Tpyo spceialist! I hope to help please ignore my bad grammar and typo's!

Comment

Originally posted by Glent View Post
                      No luck finding anything except a rep on the argos site saying it does work,..... rest of the internet says nay. Tbh flash is critical for mobiles and tablets. Get a refund
                      Official web page for updates? I think its a French company.

Sent from my Desire HD

Comment

The official website isnt very good mate. Cannot seem to find any updates on there. Have emailed them.

Comment

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...6#post20765876

Im interested now , ive copied your post a little and posted on XDA maby some one will no some thing maby not.

Comment

Cheers mate appreciate it. Had a bit of a ding dong with the argos mgr yesterday. She claimed their 30 day exclusion is the rule. No refunds. Mentioned my statutory rights and product must be fit for purpose which for a childrens tablet without flash it clearly isnt lol.

Comment

Originally posted by UrKo View Post
                              Cheers mate appreciate it. Had a bit of a ding dong with the argos mgr yesterday. She claimed their 30 day exclusion is the rule. No refunds. Mentioned my statutory rights and product must be fit for purpose which for a childrens tablet without flash it clearly isnt lol.
                              No refunds? Hope your going to take it to the management? Looks like no one has any info on the tablet a Rom dump and original coad could help a dev but it seems no one is using them.
                              I take it you payed 199 for it? I would try and push for a refund and head over to the sales, some nice deals to be had on tablets at the moment.

Sent from my Desire HD

Comment

Working...
                              X