Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why oh why don't asus cater to my needs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why oh why don't asus cater to my needs?

Why can't I get a 9" Eee PC with a 20gb HDD and XP?

I get either XP and 12gb or linux with 20.

I know, the extra 8GB is the offset of the cost of XP... but I'd rather pay a little more for a 901+ with a 20gb SSD. I really want XP on my Eee (I use too many windows apps, and just don't want to make the switch to linux) but I think 12GB would be useless to me.

Only other options seem to be an Eee with linux, then buy a copy of XP seperately (55), or get the XP version and some SD cards. Anyone know how fast/slow it is to use an SD card or two to store data? And does the Eee 901 support SDHC?

Question is, is it worth 55 for the extra 8GB, or would I be better off with a 35 class 6 16GB SD card?

Gah, why can't it be more like anything else, where I have more options than pounds.

Edit: It is SDHC compatible (read jon, read), but it's significantly slower. Question is still whether it's worth the extra 20 for an extra 8GB. I guess 12 is enough for my programs, and documents on a 4/8GB SD card?
    Jon
    AMD Phenom II 720BE 2.8gHz @ 3.6gHz | TRUE & Noctua 120mm
    Biostar ta790gx3 a2+ | 4gb Kingston HyperX PC2-8500
    Asus geForce GTX460 768mb - 22" LED monitor @ 1920x1080
    Samsung 850 250 GB SSD | Antec 300 | OCZ modXstream 500W

Get a Advent then, bigger, screen hard drive and cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by Audigex View Post
      Why can't I get a 9" Eee PC with a 20gb HDD and XP?

I get either XP and 12gb or linux with 20.

I know, the extra 8GB is the offset of the cost of XP... but I'd rather pay a little more for a 901+ with a 20gb SSD. I really want XP on my Eee (I use too many windows apps, and just don't want to make the switch to linux) but I think 12GB would be useless to me.

Only other options seem to be an Eee with linux, then buy a copy of XP seperately (55), or get the XP version and some SD cards. Anyone know how fast/slow it is to use an SD card or two to store data? And does the Eee 901 support SDHC?

Question is, is it worth 55 for the extra 8GB, or would I be better off with a 35 class 6 16GB SD card?

Gah, why can't it be more like anything else, where I have more options than pounds.

Edit: It is SDHC compatible (read jon, read), but it's significantly slower. Question is still whether it's worth the extra 20 for an extra 8GB. I guess 12 is enough for my programs, and documents on a 4/8GB SD card?

55 for 8gb o_O
      if u willing pay that much for 8gb u netter of getting normal laptop

Comment

Working...
      X