Love my new laptop .. DELL XPS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love my new laptop .. DELL XPS

Well my new laptop came this morning and i fricken love the thing.

Dell xps 15

2.3-2.9gz core i5 2410
    4gb ddr3 1333mhz
    1gb nvidia 525m
    640gb 7200rpm hard drive
    wireless n
    webcam
    usb 3.0
    hdmi out
    jbl speakers
    windows 7 home premium

Got it this morning. Weights quite a bit but nice aluminium and plastic body. Fells well built. Solid keyboard. Backlit as well, the jbl speakers are mind blowing. Best laptop speakers ive ever heard.

Battery seems decent about 3 hours surfing the new on the 6 cell one

Got it from ebay for £500 quid posted. 1 year dell on site warranty.

All good bar 1 thing. Came with a stuck green pixel on the screen.

To call dell monday and tech should be out a day later to replace the screen

overall im pretty happy. Just searching for the perfect headphones now
    Alienware m15x I Intel Core i7 720qm I 8gb Kingston DDR3 I AMD M6000 2gb (7870m) I Full 1080 I Intel 3160AC wifi

RIG I Zalman z3 I Evga 600b I Intel core i5 3570k@Stock I Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-b3 I 8gb DDR3 1600mhz Exceleram I Amd XFX R9 290 4gb@1000/1300 NZXT Kraken with corsair h55 AIO I 1tb Samsung spinpoint / 500gb Hitachi deskstar

Call center open until 8, could do it now!
    Looks like a great laptop though!

Comment

need to wait till monday till the warranty transfer is complete.
      Alienware m15x I Intel Core i7 720qm I 8gb Kingston DDR3 I AMD M6000 2gb (7870m) I Full 1080 I Intel 3160AC wifi

RIG I Zalman z3 I Evga 600b I Intel core i5 3570k@Stock I Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-b3 I 8gb DDR3 1600mhz Exceleram I Amd XFX R9 290 4gb@1000/1300 NZXT Kraken with corsair h55 AIO I 1tb Samsung spinpoint / 500gb Hitachi deskstar

Comment

Hope the green pixel doesnt spread into a large green mucus on the screen!! lol

Comment

me 2

Having a funny issue the now. Coming out of sleep the wifi wont reconnect i have to restart to get it working

Comment

Probs because its a dell...

Is it optimus? because 3 hours out of a 6 cell is awful

Comment

yeah its optimus dude. 3 hours for me is pretty decent. Music blaring, surfin he web on msn

Comment

I got 6 with my 6 cell, just saying

Comment

Originally posted by Pancake View Post
                  I got 6 with my 6 cell, just saying

LOL you really dont like dell had a bad experience to make you go ?
                  Originally posted by omega
                  He's trying to lick the inside of his brain though, doesn't that count for something??

|EVGA GTX 780 Hydro Copper SLI|Intel Core i7 5820K |Gigabyte X99-UD4P|8GB 2133Mhz Hyper X Fury DDR4|2x 120GB Samsung 850 Evo Raid0|3.0TB WD Green|Corsair 650W|LG 29UB65-P|
                  All bundled in a Enthoo Primo under Water.

Comment

Originally posted by JPCC0992 View Post
                    LOL you really dont like dell had a bad experience to make you go ?
                    No, i just dont like crappy, cheap, badly made laptops

Comment

Pancake clearly knows nothing DELL XPS are extremely well made.

Freedom isn't free"

Comment

they are built, thats as far as they go.

The design is crap, whats with the hexagonal charger port, just so you can snap it easier and the fact you have to have a genuine dell charger. the charging port is also soldered onto the board to make it easier for you to kill it.

The only thing i can compliment is the keyboard, i would go as far as saying on par with a thinkpad.

Comment

Blah blah you've had one Lenovo laptop and your like oh my god its awesome blah blah.

My work has around 100 DELL XPS and the only one to be replaced got knocked off a table, plus we've had DELL for years and the returns are lowwwww.

Freedom isn't free"

Comment

Originally posted by El Wayneo View Post
                            Blah blah you've had one Lenovo laptop and your like oh my god its awesome blah blah.

My work has around 100 DELL XPS and the only one to be replaced got knocked off a table, plus we've had DELL for years and the returns are lowwwww.
                            1 lenovo laptop? sorry i was unaware you knew everything outside of the forum in my life

I have 2 recent thinkpads, 1 older R60 i dont really use.

Dealt with loads of them through work and other people.

"The return rates are low" wow a laptop does its job...

I love the fact you ignore peoples arguments and just give some stupid response

Comment

What argument?

You just Troll saying don't buy DELL buy Lenovo when you have a tiny tiny amount of experience on the subject.

And the junk you get from work to sell on here that doesn't work doesn't count as experience btw.

And stop spamming this guys thread, jeez.

Nice laptop btw, although i wouldn't have spent £500 on one from ebay.

Freedom isn't free"

Comment

Working...
                              X