Mac Laptop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mac Laptop

A friend of mine is after a Mac Laptop to do a bit of video editing. Nothing big, just to play about with it and learn.

I now very little about Macs and even less about video editing, so who has a good idea? Budget is 600 but less is preferred. Second hand is probably an option too.

i should not try and read a google translated page when i first wake it, it hurts my head.

heres what you want to see;

[ing]http://en.expreview.com/img/review/hd4800/crysis_02.png[/img]

so it seems the cards stack up like
    NoAA / NoAF: 9800GX2> GTX280> GTX260> HD3870X2> HD 4870> 9800GTX> HD 4850
    4XAA 16XAF: GTX280> 9800GX2> GTX260> HD 4870> HD3870X2> HD 4850> 9800GTX

interesting how close some cards are now.
    "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
    Plato

Comment

i think the previous reply might have been posted in the wrong thread......
      <iframe height='160' width='300' frameborder='0' allowtransparency='true' scrolling='no' src='https://www.strava.com/athletes/2768256/activity-summary/f83653646f45d8258c46d33b43bfa7598850ffdd'></iframe>

Comment

lol so do i.

i told you google translate hurts my head.
        "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
        Plato

Comment

err wrong thread?
          I am not losing weight! I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of finding it again!

Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional

Comment

Back to topic

Macs are, IMO, overrated in terms of video editing. You can usually get a higher specced windows PC for less money. Yes, windows has a worse built in video editor, but the mac one's pretty appalling too. Get a windows laptop for 500 and a 50 (or maybe freeware, I haven't checked them lately!) video editor is my advice.
            Jon
            AMD Phenom II 720BE 2.8gHz @ 3.6gHz | TRUE & Noctua 120mm
            Biostar ta790gx3 a2+ | 4gb Kingston HyperX PC2-8500
            Asus geForce GTX460 768mb - 22" LED monitor @ 1920x1080
            Samsung 850 250 GB SSD | Antec 300 | OCZ modXstream 500W

Comment

Get a windows laptop and keep the extra processes down to a minimum when video editing and it should perform better than a MAC

Sim

Compal Laptop - Intel Centrino Duo

Comment

You know these artsy types. He probably wants to sit in starshmucks and sip coffee while being pretentious and wearing a turtle neck jumper.

Comment

Working...
                X