Vista Premimum Home with Dell Laptop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vista Premimum Home with Dell Laptop

My father just bought a dell laptop which had vista premimum home installed on it and he has the disk....am i allowed to install this on my new hard drive for my own pc?

NO. you'll find the disc will be a dell oem version which can only be used with the laptop it was supplied.
    <iframe height='160' width='300' frameborder='0' allowtransparency='true' scrolling='no' src='https://www.strava.com/athletes/2768256/activity-summary/f83653646f45d8258c46d33b43bfa7598850ffdd'></iframe>

Comment

Thats ok i just wanted to find out, it will not install or activate?

Comment

Is it a recovery disk or a "proper" vista disk? If its a recovery disk then no it wont install at all. If its a "proper" vista disk then you will probably be able to install it but possibly wont be able to activate it as it has already been issued and installing it on more than 1 pc at a time is not allowed.
        Laptop: i7-3610QM~16GB~GT635M
        Gamer: i7 3820 @ 4.4Ghz~MSI X79A-GD65~16GB Redline 2133~HIS R290(X)~TT A90~CM SILENT PRO 1000w~U2713HM.
        Canon 5D Mk3 16-35 F4L / 24-105L / 180mmL / 70-200 2.8L IS II / Sigma 50mm f1.4DG / Sigma 150-600 Sport / 2x 430EXii (Me on 500px)

Comment

Originally posted by mac124 View Post
          Is it a recovery disk or a "proper" vista disk? If its a recovery disk then no it wont install at all. If its a "proper" vista disk then you will probably be able to install it but possibly wont be able to activate it as it has already been issued and installing it on more than 1 pc at a time is not allowed.
          Legally
          Pentium G620T | ASUS P8H61-I | 4GB Patriot 1333Mhz | 64GB Cruical M4 | Antec ISK300-150

Comment

Its a "proper" disk is it true it can only be installed on one pc and one pc only? what does that mean if you upgrade the motherboard? If you cant activate it what does that mean?

Comment

you can activate the copy more than once, when you on the activation wizard, use the phone when you do it, it will ask questions such as have you made any significant hardware changws just say yes then they will carry on with the activation, worked for me serveral times, and dell oem disks will work on any computer all the difference is, ot will install dell help but not like your gunna use help anyway!

Comment

Can that disk be used for an upgrade??

Comment

Working...
                X