Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FlasH
    replied
    Get an HP laptop, that way everyone will avoid you, infact. they'll give you theirHP laptop as well.

Leave a comment:

• KickButt
    replied
    i just carry a baseball bat, just as effective.

Leave a comment:

• El Wayneo
    replied
    Yeah i use a messenger bag.

Leave a comment:

• michaelkenward
    replied
    Originally posted by GentleGiant View Post
    You can get laptop back packs.

Also; have you considered buying 2nd hand?? There are lots of lappy dealers at PC fairs, is there one near you this weekend??
    I use a backpack. Not sure that it is any more secure, but it doesn't scream "expensive laptop".

But to counter my own argument, most people seem to carry a laptop these days, so most bags are probably at risk.

For real safety, I'd be tempted to use a Tesco bag.

Leave a comment:

• GentleGiant
    replied
    You can get laptop back packs.

Also; have you considered buying 2nd hand?? There are lots of lappy dealers at PC fairs, is there one near you this weekend??

Leave a comment:

• A Ginger Sheep
    replied
    Originally posted by michaelkenward View Post
    One thing to consider, as well as insurance, is not to ponce about with a bag that says "I contain an expensive computer: please nick me."

A friend of mine got mugged with his flashy "Dell" handbag. This prompted the company he worked for to advise stuff to carry laptops in something less obvious.
    thats a good point, somthing like this could contain anything for example, would be good to carry a laptop and be discrete at the same time

Leave a comment:

• michaelkenward
    replied
    One thing to consider, as well as insurance, is not to ponce about with a bag that says "I contain an expensive computer: please nick me."

A friend of mine got mugged with his flashy "Dell" handbag. This prompted the company he worked for to advise stuff to carry laptops in something less obvious.

Leave a comment:

• rpaters
    replied
    Originally posted by Zaim View Post
    Done, tho' I'm not sure what difference it makes?

Cheers
    Richard

Leave a comment:

• Zaim
    replied
    How about something like this:
    http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Lapto...roductId=40481

Leave a comment:

• rpaters
    replied
    Originally posted by wonderlust View Post
    hello and welcome Rpaters

I have edited your post to add [qc] and [ /qc] which make the quick codes clickable

(minus the space though)
    Thanks for fixing my post for me, I'm new to all this.

Leave a comment:

• michaelkenward
    replied
    Originally posted by brendanb581 View Post
    Just found out the uni I'm going to have an asus laptop with i3 processor for 100 off
    Wahey.

But check that this really bring the price down below the discount houses.

Leave a comment:

• brendanb581
    replied
    Originally posted by michaelkenward View Post
    Two points:
    • Check to see if your university has student deals for hardware and software (then see if Aria can price match?)
    • Don't forget insurance!

As to what to buy, last year's model or "open box" could be a good bet. I wouldn't recommend second hand, though. You don't know what it has been through.
    Just found out the uni I'm going to have an asus laptop with i3 processor for 100 off

Leave a comment:

• michaelkenward
    replied
    Originally posted by brendanb581 View Post
    Can anyone recommend a cheap laptop (ie. 400 or less) which will be good enough for everyday + uni use.

I don't mind the specs..
    Two points:
    • Check to see if your university has student deals for hardware and software (then see if Aria can price match?)
    • Don't forget insurance!

As to what to buy, last year's model or "open box" could be a good bet. I wouldn't recommend second hand, though. You don't know what it has been through.

Leave a comment:

• brendanb581
    replied
    cheers rpaters, will have a look

Leave a comment:

• wonderlust
    replied
    hello and welcome Rpaters

I have edited your post to add [qc] and [ /qc] which make the quick codes clickable

(minus the space though)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X