Upgrade my mac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade my mac

I want to upgrade my mac (white macbook from about march this year) because it only has 120GB HD space and I have that in movies and music alone, and I was just wondering what hard drives are compatible for my mac.
    I was looking to upgrade to 500GB, and also I have 2GB of RAM but unfortunately I think apple have given me 2x1GB sticks, therefore I was also wondering what RAM options should I choose to upgrade, I think 3GB will do me for now with the option to get another in there later on when I feel I need it.

The reason for the extra RAM is I want to dual-boot windows on my laptop for the sake of uni work (I'm doing computer science), and at the moment with my tiny amount of hard drive space left my mac is quite slow anyway, let alone dual-booting.

Cheers.

I took apart my iMac 20" Intel last week, you'll need a small set of torx screwdrivers to start with and a fair amount of patience.

The 120Gb drive that was in mine was a bog standard 3.5" sata drive, the only thing to watch for is the temp sensor that is attached on the side.

Ram wise, I think the Mac board (depending on your exact model) will only take 3Gb max, it uses laptop ram and can be found dirt cheap.

To be more accurate, more info than just a white iMac would help

DT.
    Please see thread, here for how post reports are dealt with.
    Forum Guidelines here

Comment

http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Compo...roductId=37761

is this one compatible?
      it's cheap and the size im looking for

Also does anyone know if the HD my macbook uses would be possible to put in my PS3?
      cheers

Comment

don't know on the ps3 front, what does that use?

the macbooks all use a standard 2.5" sata drive so I'm told, so that's an easy upgrade route. For laptops, I cannot recommend highly enough getting a faster RPM drive, sacrifice the battery life but it makes them so much quicker. As you say though, that's a nice price

DT.
        Please see thread, here for how post reports are dealt with.
        Forum Guidelines here

Comment

Originally posted by Vyper08 View Post
          http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Compo...roductId=37761

is this one compatible?
          it's cheap and the size im looking for

Also does anyone know if the HD my macbook uses would be possible to put in my PS3?
          cheers
          There was a whole thread here last night! I had at least 3 replies in this topic. As long as the Hard Drive is a 2.5" SATA drive, then It'll be fine in the PS3.

Originally posted by coiler
          Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

Comment

Working...
          X