Nvidia graphics parameters incorrect

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nvidia graphics parameters incorrect

Ha anyone seen or heard of this issue a friend is getting it on his windows xp pc his gtx770 uninstalled and now tries to install driver and it fails with that error

checked his setupapi logs and it says
    error 1450 insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service
    then class installer failed error 87 the parameter is incorrect

system is msi z77a gd65
    4gb ram
    windows xp
    gtx 770

primarily used for fs2004 hence running xp still

hAve tried display driver uninstaller and fresh install of drivers but still same issue
    Last edited by danroyle; 09-05-17, 14:43.
    My RIG: MSI GE62 2QD Apache I7 4720HQ, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SDD + 1TB HDD, GTX 960M 2GB, Windows 10, 15.6" IPS screen.

Tried an older driver version?
    GIVE PEAS A CHANCE

Comment

Tried about 7 different drivers. No luck tried re doing permissions in registry. Even spoke to nvidia they had no clue
      My RIG: MSI GE62 2QD Apache I7 4720HQ, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SDD + 1TB HDD, GTX 960M 2GB, Windows 10, 15.6" IPS screen.

Comment

what is a 770 doing on an XP system that has been dead for years?? surely this is the root of the problem?
        if running old flight sim maybe use older tech for just that on a separate rig?

Comment

Originally posted by danroyle View Post
          Tried about 7 different drivers.
          Probably too young. You'll need something from the 20th century to suit XP.

Under no circumstances should that machine go anywhere near the Internet.
          Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus Z-170-K + Intel i5-6500 + 512GB Samsung M.2 PCI-e SSD + 16GB DDR4 2400MHz Memory
          Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus M5A88-M EVO + AMD Phenom II X6 + 8GB Corsair XMS3 1600 + Radeon HD 6450
          Win 10 Home 32-bit + Asus M2N-SLI DeLuxe + AMD Athlon 64 X2, Dual Core 5400 + 4.0 GB Memory + NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT

Comment

Insufficient system resources normally refers to RAM or lack thereof.. and looking at his spec, it certainly sounds like 4GB of RAM isn't enough any more.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonchester View Post
              what is a 770 doing on an XP system that has been dead for years?? surely this is the root of the problem?
              if running old flight sim maybe use older tech for just that on a separate rig?
              i guess your not into flight sims some of the mods can cripple the best of cards. He uses xp as its the most stable platform his particular sim works on. And this system has been running flawlessly for around 4 years

Originally posted by Bing View Post
              Insufficient system resources normally refers to RAM or lack thereof.. and looking at his spec, it certainly sounds like 4GB of RAM isn't enough any more.
              4gb of ram is 1gb more than a 32 bit windows xp machine can use. Is definitely not an issue with the specs. He has two partitions one for testing new additions to his game then one for using them on it's the main partition that has gone awry. The test partition works flawlessly with no issues but there is around 100gb of mods and additions that needed to be added into that partition to get his game as was. I ended up just turning the backup into his main drive and making a fresh backup in case it happens again

Comment

You didn't state it was 32bit in the OP

Comment

You didn't state it was 32bit in the OP
                  It's windows xp, it only came in 64 bit in the professional version and very few of us used that version

Comment

Quite aware it's Windows XP.... but at the end of the day, it did come in both x64 and x32 flavours, so would have been beneficial to include that info.

I must have been one of the few then mate....
                    Last edited by Bing; 11-05-17, 11:19.

Comment

I'd have thought windows 7 would be most stable? or just jump on 10 ) XP is just too old these days

Comment

Originally posted by Moonchester View Post
                        I'd have thought windows 7 would be most stable? or just jump on 10 ) XP is just too old these days
                        the sim he uses doesn't work on windows 10 or 8 and was terrible performance wise on 7 as well. theres a small community of enthusiasts that all swear by windows xp for flight sims pre FSX

Quite aware it's Windows XP.... but at the end of the day, it did come in both x64 and x32 flavours, so would have been beneficial to include that info.

I must have been one of the few then mate....
                        windows xp only came in 32 bit (other than the itanium processor version which was not commonly available)
                        windows xp pro did come in 32/64 bit but the 64 bit came out a full four years after the original windows xp.

Im sorry if I was unclear on the os but felt that most people were aware that there wasn't a 64 bit of the normal xp

anyway problem all sorted now found one registry entry that Hadn't removed and got rid and now it's ok but he's using his backup as it's faster and less clogged up

Comment

Working...
                        X