No announcement yet.

Mass Effect: Andromeda's 'recommended' system predicted to run 30 fps at 1080p

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mass Effect: Andromeda's 'recommended' system predicted to run 30 fps at 1080p

Pushing the 1080 res boundaries,

gtx 1080 ti's all round

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/56616/...fps/index.html

Originally posted by Aaron
    I want those sweet cherries

so you pimp stuff sourced from nvidia and then wonder why you don't sell amd gpu?

i aint sure it is so hard to do that math

NEWS SOURCES:
    Geforce.com, Help.ea.com
    "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
    Plato

Comment

That article is so badly written I felt stupider for having read it. First they're saying a 1060 will get about 30 fps on high settings then they say a 1060 might not be enough for 60 fps on ultra.
      Also, gotta love that their "recommended" level is 1080p at 30fps on high settings, heaven forbid dropping the settings slightly and actually having a playable frame rate.

Comment

Originally posted by luke22 View Post
        so you pimp stuff sourced from nvidia and then wonder why you don't sell amd gpu?

i aint sure it is so hard to do that math

[/FONT][/COLOR]

This forum post will have zero impact on AMD site sales
        Originally posted by Aaron
        I want those sweet cherries

Comment

it might make someone smart enough to go amd think they should pay more for an nvidia gpu that has less performance!!!!
          "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
          Plato

Comment

I couldn't read that since it won't let me read it without disabling my ad blocker, but from mokeys summation I don't think I need to.

Andromeda is ridiculously optimised, it looks pretty (if you totally ignore the human character models) but shouldn't need a 1080 to hit 60fps.

The cutscenes are the worst, they absolutely shred the GPU for no good reason.
            Originally posted by coiler
            He'll have the local FBI round his house with all that hash!
            Originally posted by BigIan88
            turn off that sexy nonsense
            Originally posted by Salad Soup
            turns out if you touch a stripper too much and try and get back in after being kicked out, they dont like that!

Comment

that article seemed pretty rubbish tbh.

I have been playing mass effect on my 1080 at 2k res with no issues at all and only last night was there a driver update to optimise the game and give you more frame rate, only installed this morning so need to test it tonight and check frames but I have had no issues at full spec. Pretty game just cant wait until it unlocks fully

Comment

500mb patch for Andromeda just downloaded too.
                turns out if you touch a stripper too much and try and get back in after being kicked out, they dont like that!

Comment

I'm pre-loading now and I'm excited. I love the ME series. Less painful now I have a decent internet connection. Downloading at 27.5MB/s, which is awesome, having been stuck on BT for so long.
                  NZXT H440 Matte Black and Red | Corsair HX1000i | ASUS Maximus VIII Hero | i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz | Corsair H100i v2 | 1080 GTX Founders Edition | 32gb Avexir Blitz DDR4 3600MHz | Samsung 950 PRO NVMe M.2 512 GB | 3TB Western Digital Red | Dell S2716DG | SteelSeries Sensei | Corsair Vengeance K90 | Corsair Vengeance 1500 / Gigaworks T40

Comment

Originally posted by Bravetart View Post
                    I'm pre-loading now and I'm excited. I love the ME series. Less painful now I have a decent internet connection. Downloading at 27.5MB/s, which is awesome, having been stuck on BT for so long.
                    is that mbps or mb/s?

If that is mb/s thats a pretty awesome download speed you have.
                    GIVE PEAS A CHANCE

Comment

MB/s. Virgin 200mb service but seems to be around 225 on speed tests. Took about 40 mins to download the game!
                      NZXT H440 Matte Black and Red | Corsair HX1000i | ASUS Maximus VIII Hero | i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz | Corsair H100i v2 | 1080 GTX Founders Edition | 32gb Avexir Blitz DDR4 3600MHz | Samsung 950 PRO NVMe M.2 512 GB | 3TB Western Digital Red | Dell S2716DG | SteelSeries Sensei | Corsair Vengeance K90 | Corsair Vengeance 1500 / Gigaworks T40

Comment

Jeeeeez.
                        GIVE PEAS A CHANCE

Comment

Unlocks at 11pm tonight on Origin, in case any one was thinking they'd have to wait til tomorrow

I've got 5 hours trial left so intend to play a lot this evening

Comment

Starting to play at 11pm is probably a bad idea for my productivity the day after

Comment

Originally posted by Bravetart View Post
                              Starting to play at 11pm is probably a bad idea for my productivity the day after
                              It's almost like they know what time everyone's wives/girlfriends go to bed!

Comment

Working...
                              X