This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Driver Thread

I thought it might be helpful to have a thread dedicated to AMD drivers.

http://www.amd.com/en-us/markets/game/downloads

AMD Catalyst™ Driver

For Windows 7, 8.1 and 10

The AMD Catalyst™ Software Suite, AMD Catalyst™ 15.7 contains the following: AMD Catalyst™ Display Driver version 15.20.1046

Compatible Operating Systems: Windows® 8.1 64-bit

Included Highlights: Visit the Features section below to learn more about the following:
    • Windows® 10 Technical Preview Support
    • Virtual Super Resolution (VSR)
    • Frame Rate Target Control™ (FRTC)
    • Performance Optimizations versus AMD Catalyst™ Omega
    • AMD FreeSync™ and AMD CrossFire™ Support
    • AMD CrossFire™ Profile Enhancements for the following games:

Battlefield: Hardline Evolve ​Far Cry® 4
    Lords of the Fallen Project CARS Total War: Attila
    Alien: Isolation™ Assassin's Creed® Unity ​Civilization®: Beyond Earth™
    FIFA 2015 GRID Autosport ​Ryse: Son of Rome
    Talos Principle The Crew ​Grand Theft Auto V
    Dying Light The Witcher® 3: Wild Hunt

Release Notes

Windows® 10 Support
    This is a Technical Preview driver with full WDDM 2.0 support for Windows® 10 and DirectX® 12 on all Graphics Core Next (GCN) supported products, -AMD Radeon™ HD 7000 and newer graphics products. Official driver support for AMD products will be available when Microsoft launches Windows® 10 on July 29th, 2015.
    NOTE: To ensure stability, users should upgrade to the latest available Windows® 10 Technical Preview build provided by Microsoft before installing AMD Catalyst™ 15.7.
    Virtual Super Resolution (VSR)
    VSR provides image quality enhancements to games and Windows® desktop users by rendering images at a higher resolution and then down-scaling the same. VSR support has now been extended to the following products:
    AMD Radeon™ R9 Fury Series AMD Radeon™ R9 280 Series
    AMD Radeon™ R9 390 Series AMD Radeon™ R9 270 Series
    AMD Radeon™ R9 380 Series AMD Radeon™ R7 260 Series
    AMD Radeon™ R7 370 Series AMD Radeon™ HD 7900 Series
    AMD Radeon™ R7 360 Series AMD Radeon™ HD 7800 Series
    AMD Radeon™ R9 295X2 AMD Radeon™ HD 7790 Series
    AMD Radeon™ R9 290 Series Desktop A-Series 7400K APUs and above
    Below is a list of supported resolutions:
    Target Display Timing Supported VSR Modes
    1366 X 768 @ 60Hz 1600 X 900
    1920 X 1080
    1600 X 900 @ 60Hz 1920 X 1080
    1920 X 1080 @ 60Hz 2560 X 1440
    3200 X 1800
    3840 X 2160 (AMD Radeon™ R9 285, AMD Radeon™ R9 Fury Series)
    1920 X 1200 @ 60Hz 2048 X 1536
    2560 X 1600
    3840 X 2400 (AMD Radeon™ R9 285, AMD Radeon™ R9 Fury Series)
    2560 X 1440 @ 60Hz 3200 X 1800
    1920 X 1080 @ 120Hz 1920 X 1200 @ 120Hz
    2048 X 1536 @ 120Hz
    Frame Rate Target Control (FRTC)
    FRTC allows the user to set a maximum frame rate when playing an application in full screen exclusive mode. This feature provides the following benefits:
      • Reduced GPU power consumption
      • Reduced system heat
      • Lower fan speeds and less noise

This feature is supported on applications using DirectX® 10 or higher and on the following AMD graphics products:

AMD Radeon™ R9 290 Series
    AMD FreeSync™ and AMD CrossFire™ Support
      • AMD FreeSync™ and AMD CrossFire™ can now be used together in applications using DirectX® 10 or higher. This feature currently does not support systems configured in AMD Dual Graphics mode.

AMD CrossFire™ Profile Enhancements

AMD Catalyst™ 15.7 includes enhancement for the following games since AMD Catalyst™ Omega:

• Battlefield: Hardline
      • Evolve
      • Far Cry® 4
      • Lords of the Fallen
      • Project CARS
      • Total War: Attila
      • Alien: Isolation™
      • Assassin's Creed® Unity
      • Civilization®: Beyond Earth™
      • FIFA 2015
      • GRID Autosport
      • Ryse: Son of Rome
      • Talos Principle
      • The Crew
      • Grand Theft Auto V
      • Dying Light
      • The Witcher® 3: Wild Hunt

Performance Optimizations versus AMD Catalyst™ Omega

Single GPU performance on Windows 8.1 based system:

• Up to 7% in Far Cry® 4 on AMD Radeon™ R7 and AMD Radeon™ R9 200 series and up*
      • Up to 10% in Tomb Raider on AMD Radeon™ R7 and AMD Radeon™ R9 200 series and up*

Last edited by Black Knight; 09-07-15, 02:16.
    My local hospital has a sign which reads "This way for accidents and emergencies." Haven't people in hospital got enough to worry about without looking for further misfortune?

Latest Version: 15.7

AMD Catalyst™ Driver

For Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

The AMD Catalyst™ Software Suite, AMD Catalyst™ 15.7 contains the following: AMD Catalyst™ Display Driver version 15.20.1046

Compatible Operating Systems: Windows® 10 (32 & 64-bit), Windows® 8.1 (32 & 64-bit) and Windows® 7 SP1 or higher (32 & 64-bit)

Included Highlights: Visit the Features section below to learn more about the following:

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows+8.1+-+64

Last edited by Black Knight; 09-07-15, 02:16.
    My local hospital has a sign which reads "This way for accidents and emergencies." Haven't people in hospital got enough to worry about without looking for further misfortune?

Comment

I've seen an improvement in Project Cars, about 25% ish. I'm happier with that.

Comment

You've got a beefier card than me but any chance of a screenshot of the settings you are using? Still runs a bit poo for me.

I made sure to turn off detailed grass.

i7 4960X, 16GB DDR3 1600MHz, Asus Sabertooth x79, Sapphire 290 4gb, Win10 pro 64.

Comment

Yeah no probs, will do tonight. I'm pretty sure I had detailed grass on low.

Comment

Originally posted by Marv View Post
            You've got a beefier card than me but any chance of a screenshot of the settings you are using? Still runs a bit poo for me.

I made sure to turn off detailed grass.

Comment

Switching reflections to low seems to have a big impact. an extra 15-20FPS for me.

Project cars feels so much better at greater than 60fps.

Real pita that u have to exit and restart to apply changes each time.

i7 4960X, 16GB DDR3 1600MHz, Asus Sabertooth x79, Sapphire 290 4gb, Win10 pro 64.

Comment

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-arti...dows-beta.aspx

Highlights of AMD Catalyst™ 15.6 Beta Windows Driver

Performance and Stability improvements for Batman™: Arkham Knight

Comment

going to link this in here too, as it is something more beta than the amd beta branch

http://forums.aria.co.uk/showthread....ed-AMD-drivers
                  "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
                  Plato

Comment

AMD Catalyst™ Driver 15.7

For Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Compatible Operating Systems: Windows® 10 (32 & 64-bit), Windows® 8.1 (32 & 64-bit) and Windows® 7 SP1 or higher (32 & 64-bit)

Included Highlights:

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows+8.1+-+64

Last edited by Black Knight; 08-07-15, 20:52.

Comment

ooouu i wonder if 15.20.1046 has the optimisations that the hacked 15.30s have?
                      "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
                      Plato

Comment

That would be good. I've installed now, I might give PC a quick lap or two, see if there's any improvements.

Comment

for sure it would, a free 10% boost (give or take across the titles) would be lovely
                          Plato

Comment

Catalyst 15.7.1 & Graphics Driver Installer for Windows 10 64-Bit

The AMD Catalyst™ Software Suite, AMD Catalyst™ 15.7.1 contains the following:
                            • AMD Catalyst™ Display Driver version 15.20.1062.1002​

Compatible Operating Systems: Windows® 10 64​-bit
                            • Windows® 10 Support
                            • ​Virtual Super Resolution (VSR)​
                            • Frame Rate Target Control™ (FRTC)​​
                            • Performance Optimizations​

Release Notes

Features

Catalyst Software Suite 245 MB 15.7.1 7/29/2015 *DOWNLOAD

Windows® 10 Support
                            This driver provides support for Windows® 10 as well as full WDDM 2.0 and DirectX® 12 support which is available on all AMD Graphics Core Next (GCN) products, - AMD Radeon™ HD 7000 and newer graphics products.​
                            For more information on products supported please visit the Supported Products Tab and view the AMD Product Compatibility chart.
                            Virtual Super Resolution (VSR)
                            VSR provides image quality enhancements to games and Windows® desktop users by rendering images at a higher resolution and then down-scaling the same. VSR support has now been extended to the following products:
                            AMD Radeon™ R9 Fury Series AMD Radeon​™ R9 280 Series
                            AMD Radeon™ R9 380 Series AMD Radeon™ R7 260 Series​
                            AMD Radeon™ R9 290 Series Desktop A-Series 7400K APUs and above
                            Below is a list of supported resolutions:
                            Target Display Timing Supported VSR Modes
                            1366 X 768 @ 60Hz 1600 X 900
                            1920 X 1080
                            1600 X 900 @ 60Hz 1920 X 1080
                            1920 X 1080 @ 60Hz 2560 X 1440
                            3200 X 1800
                            3840 X 2160 (AMD Radeon™ R9 285, AMD Radeon™ R9 380, AMD Radeon™ R9 Fury Series)
                            1920 X 1200 @ 60Hz 2048 X 1536
                            2560 X 1600
                            3840 X 2400 (AMD Radeon™ R9 285, AMD Radeon™ R9 380​, AMD Radeon™ R9 Fury Series)
                            2560 X 1440 @ 60Hz 3200 X 1800
                            1920 X 1080 @ 120Hz 1920 X 1200 @ 120Hz
                            2048 X 1536 @ 120Hz
                            Frame Rate Target Control™ (FRTC)
                            FRTC allows the user to set a maximum frame rate when playing an application in full screen exclusive mode. This feature provides the following benefits:
                            • Reduced GPU power consumption
                            • Reduced system heat
                            • Lower fan speeds and less noise

This feature is supported on applications using DirectX® 10 or DirectX® 11 and on the following AMD graphics products:
                            AMD Radeon™ R9 295X2 AMD Radeon™ HD 7700 Series
                            AMD Radeon™ R9 290 Series
                            AMD FreeSync™ and AMD CrossFire™ Support
                            • AMD FreeSync™ and AMD CrossFire™ can now be used together in applications using DirectX® 10 or DirectX ® 11. Please note, this feature is currently not supported on systems configured in AMD Dual Graphics mode.

Performance Optimizations
                            • Counter-Strike®: Global Offensive – Profile change to reduce Flip Queue Size – improves the latest positional information from keyboard and mouse.

http://www.amd.com/en-us/markets/game/downloads
                            Last edited by Black Knight; 30-07-15, 10:55.

Comment

If you have recently upgraded to Windows 10 and had a few errors during installation of the AMD driver, try DDU. Display Driver Uninstaller.

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/...-download.html

This worked for me, removed all traces of the old driver and allowed the new driver to be installed without error. Also CCC now opens as it should for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X