GTX 2080 rumoured arrival April 2018 GA104

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GTX 2080 rumoured arrival April 2018 GA104

Ampere architecture for upcoming new cards from Nvidia is the current rumour doing the rounds at the minute.

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-ampere-g...unching-april/

4770k @ 4.6, XSPC Raystorm, Avexir 4x4GB 2400MHz, ASUS Z87 Maximus Hero VI, Tri-fire 290x/290x/290 Reference EK 290X CSQ Full Nickel Blocks, Alphacool 240 ST-30, Alphacool 360 ST-30, Asus Xonar, Alphacool D5, Corsair AX 1200i, Carbide 540

Great, so how long until a 1080ti is sub 400-500 again?

Originally posted by Aria
    On reflection though, as I am taking a bath, listening to "Rain of blessing-vajra chant" while typing on the iPad

Comment

Originally posted by M4T VW View Post
      Great, so how long until a 1080ti is sub 400-500 again?
      Well I wouldn't bother with the 1080 ti, 2080 GTX should be similar or little bit faster an more VRAM than the 1080 ti for around 500 ish launch price. Supply and demand problem for all current cards, but with whole new range launching soon, should help to alleviate it.

4770k @ 4.6, XSPC Raystorm, Avexir 4x4GB 2400MHz, ASUS Z87 Maximus Hero VI, Tri-fire 290x/290x/290 Reference EK 290X CSQ Full Nickel Blocks, Alphacool 240 ST-30, Alphacool 360 ST-30, Asus Xonar, Alphacool D5, Corsair AX 1200i, Carbide 540

Comment

Originally posted by k3vst3r View Post

Well I wouldn't bother with the 1080 ti, 2080 GTX should be similar or little bit faster an more VRAM than the 1080 ti for around 500 ish launch price. Supply and demand problem for all current cards, but with whole new range launching soon, should help to alleviate it.
        Until miners preorder all the 2080s and we're back in the same position
        Originally posted by coiler
        He'll have the local FBI round his house with all that hash!
        Originally posted by BigIan88
        turn off that sexy nonsense
        Originally posted by Salad Soup
        turns out if you touch a stripper too much and try and get back in after being kicked out, they dont like that!

Comment

Originally posted by omega View Post

Exactly, I was expecting the miners to go for the newer cards so there would be a wave of 1080ti's coming up.

Originally posted by Aria
          On reflection though, as I am taking a bath, listening to "Rain of blessing-vajra chant" while typing on the iPad

Comment

Originally posted by omega View Post

I thought there was talk of NVIDIA making the new cards unusable for minig like they do to the Quadros for gaming
            posted by scrivz69
            I think I may leave this forum, it seems to be full of the village people.​
            i7 3930K @ 4.2| ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB @ 2133 Copperhead |2 x Gigabyte TITAN SLI |ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 | Samsung 850 500GB SSD | 3TB SATA Drive | H100i WC | Corsair RM1000 | HAF X |40 inch Benq 2560x1440 IPS

Comment

I am sure someone will mod drivers/or Bios to enable mining if Nvidia do lock the cards down
              I am not losing weight! I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of finding it again!

Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional

Comment

Sounds like they are keeping Volta for deep learning and Ampere for gaming/general purpose. Doubt they will remove mining due to it giving AMD an advantage for sales. NV CEO boasting lately how they providing more cards for crypto mining compared to their competitors, so why would they do that? if they intend on limiting crypto mining.

Comment

pascal refresh or from their top bins for extra clocks?

gddr6 to save them more and not eat into their margins leaving the real high end cards with hbm where the margins can eat it and not hurt so much?

they aint going to pull a whole new core from thin air and volta is their next core. but with the lead they have they can respin pascal again with faster ram/core clocks and eek out more profit from the old rope.

maybe even skip the high costs of selling hbm to the gaming plebs or at least delay it till it's cost has dropped even more for them.
                  "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
                  Plato

Comment

Originally posted by luke22 View Post
                    pascal refresh or from their top bins for extra clocks?

gddr6 to save them more and not eat into their margins leaving the real high end cards with hbm where the margins can eat it and not hurt so much?

they aint going to pull a whole new core from thin air and volta is their next core. but with the lead they have they can respin pascal again with faster ram/core clocks and eek out more profit from the old rope.

maybe even skip the high costs of selling hbm to the gaming plebs or at least delay it till it's cost has dropped even more for them.
                    Ampere is Volta just with tensor cores stripped and HBM2 support gone. Just NV taking out stuff no good to gamers basically.

Comment

Originally posted by k3vst3r View Post

If thats the case im' going to be in the market to upgrade my 780ti!!!
                      Originally posted by Aaron
                      I want those sweet cherries

Comment

Working...
                      X