GPU Recommendation - Budget Dual Screen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPU Recommendation - Budget Dual Screen

Hey everyone, I am looking to help a friend expand his PC out to be able to support dual monitors. So I am looking for some GPU recommendations.

Below is the PC we put together for him:

Usage: Internet Browsing, Forums, Watching Videos, Fusion 360, Photo Editing (No Gaming).

Ideally looking for something that is sub-100 and really ideal if it is passive cooled to keep it quiet.

Thank you

if it's purely just to run 2 screens with no gaming, any low end card will suffice IE GTX610 Should be able to pick up a 2nd hand one for under 30 easily
    I am not losing weight! I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of finding it again!

Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional

Comment

idk if it is too late to change the build?

as from what i was reading that platform will never receive a fix for the spectre/meltdown bug/vulnerability but also as some cpu/motherboard combo will output dual screens without the need for an add in card.
      "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
      Plato

Comment

Originally posted by wonderlust View Post
        if it's purely just to run 2 screens with no gaming, any low end card will suffice IE GTX610 Should be able to pick up a 2nd hand one for under 30 easily
        I shall have a hunt thank you

Originally posted by luke22 View Post
        idk if it is too late to change the build?

as from what i was reading that platform will never receive a fix for the spectre/meltdown bug/vulnerability but also as some cpu/motherboard combo will output dual screens without the need for an add in card.
        We made this PC nearly 2 years ago now. Just looking for a way to expand the monitors now.

Comment

Even onboard graphics should support 2 screens? I think i'm using the HDMI and DVI output of one of my office PC's.

Originally posted by Aria
          On reflection though, as I am taking a bath, listening to "Rain of blessing-vajra chant" while typing on the iPad

Comment

Originally posted by M4T VW View Post
            Even onboard graphics should support 2 screens? I think i'm using the HDMI and DVI output of one of my office PC's.
            true - if you don't mind a little bit of screen tearing when scrolling in a web browser .....
            Please see thread, here for how post reports are dealt with.
            Forum Guidelines here

Comment

Originally posted by M4T VW View Post
              The board listed is HDMI only...
              I am not losing weight! I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of finding it again!

Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleTop View Post

true - if you don't mind a little bit of screen tearing when scrolling in a web browser .....
                Can't say i have noticed to be honest. It's only used for processing orders so no complaints.

Originally posted by wonderlust View Post

The board listed is HDMI only...
                Oh, well this will be a problem...

Originally posted by Aria
                On reflection though, as I am taking a bath, listening to "Rain of blessing-vajra chant" while typing on the iPad

Comment

Originally posted by NipNip View Post
                  We made this PC nearly 2 years ago now. Just looking for a way to expand the monitors now.
                  then, as wonder said, any add in gpu will really fit your needs. you might find it works out best if you use the card for both screens as running 1 off the gpu and the other from the igp can cause issues.
                  "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
                  Plato

Comment

Thanks all for the advice

Comment

Working...
                    X