Display out issue on 1070

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Display out issue on 1070

Afternoon all. I recently bought a 1070 but i seem to be having an issue getting the DVI output to work.

I have two monitors, a Dell connected via display port and an old 17" thing connected via a DVI to VGA adapter. But that doesnt display anything.

One of the pins in the DVI adapter looked bent when i bought it. But i straightened it out. It fits fine and as far as I can tell it hasnt caused any damage on the card. But I just cant get it to display anything.

Any suggestions?

Cheers all!

10x0 series are digital output only. The DVI is DVI-D only not DVI-I as used by your adaptor hence the bent pins where it was forced in.

You will need a Display port to VGA adaptor or and HDMI to VGA adaptor
    I am not losing weight! I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of finding it again!

Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional

Comment

I bought a DVI-D adapter specifically for it. It fits fine in the back of the gpu. One of the pins was bent on arrival, not from forcing it in.

Comment

please post a pic of the connectors on your gpu.
        I am not losing weight! I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of finding it again!

Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional

Comment

I do have an intermittent issue with my 1070 that it fails to display on Windows boot, apparently pretty common and is always resolved with a reboot, not sure if this is at all related?
          GIVE PEAS A CHANCE

Comment

Originally posted by BUDFORCE View Post
            I do have an intermittent issue with my 1070 that it fails to display on Windows boot, apparently pretty common and is always resolved with a reboot, not sure if this is at all related?
            I have exactly the same thing on my 1060.

Originally posted by coiler
            Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

Comment

Originally posted by Mordynak View Post
              I bought a DVI-D adapter specifically for it. It fits fine in the back of the gpu. One of the pins was bent on arrival, not from forcing it in.
              It would work if you'd bought an active VGA>DVI converter.. It could be that, I guess? There's a lot more going on inside an active converter than a passive one, which is essentially just changing the socket shape.

Originally posted by coiler
              Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

Comment

As others have said above, it's cause the 1070 has dvi-d not dvi-i, it lacks the 4 pins around the flat piece of the connector.

You need active converter.

Discussed here

4770k @ 4.6, XSPC Raystorm, Avexir 4x4GB 2400MHz, ASUS Z87 Maximus Hero VI, Tri-fire 290x/290x/290 Reference EK 290X CSQ Full Nickel Blocks, Alphacool 240 ST-30, Alphacool 360 ST-30, Asus Xonar, Alphacool D5, Corsair AX 1200i, Carbide 540

Comment

Originally posted by k3vst3r View Post
                  As others have said above, it's cause the 1070 has dvi-d not dvi-i, it lacks the 4 pins around the flat piece of the connector.

You need active converter.

Discussed here
                  As I have already said... Its a DVI-D adapter.. It wasnt forced in either. One of the pins was slightly bent when I opened the DVI-D adapter. So I straightened it, and it fits fine.

Comment

Just because it fits, doesn't mean it's the right one - it needs to be "active" to confirm the digital signal to analogue. The correct one is likely to have the DVI connector, and short amount of cable, a little box of tricks and then the VGA output.

Post a pic of what you have

DT.

Please see thread, here for how post reports are dealt with.
                    Forum Guidelines here

Comment

Working...
                    X