Vega 20 coming 2018 7nm TSMC 32GB HBM2 1TB/s bandwidth

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vega 20 coming 2018 7nm TSMC 32GB HBM2 1TB/s bandwidth

Hot off the rumour press, Vega 20 shaping up to be a monster GPU. Could be first GPU to push 4K in all latest titles at 60 fps constant at maximum settings.

Interesting that they are ditching GloFo for TSMC.

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/59079...ore/index.html

4770k @ 4.6, XSPC Raystorm, Avexir 4x4GB 2400MHz, ASUS Z87 Maximus Hero VI, Tri-fire 290x/290x/290 Reference EK 290X CSQ Full Nickel Blocks, Alphacool 240 ST-30, Alphacool 360 ST-30, Asus Xonar, Alphacool D5, Corsair AX 1200i, Carbide 540

Originally posted by k3vst3r View Post
    Hot off the rumour press, Vega 20 shaping up to be a monster GPU. Could be first GPU to push 4K in all latest titles at 60 fps constant at maximum settings.

Interesting that they are ditching GloFo for TSMC.

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/59079...ore/index.html
    "It looks like you're using an ad blocker" - I am indeed, so I won't be reading that article

Originally posted by coiler
    He'll have the local FBI round his house with all that hash!
    Originally posted by BigIan88
    turn off that sexy nonsense
    Originally posted by Salad Soup
    turns out if you touch a stripper too much and try and get back in after being kicked out, they dont like that!

Comment

original source is here.

fab issues seem like the real reason they are having issues with supply so switching it up makes sense. now idk if they come from the foundry side or the way they are putting it all together on the substrate or what but still.

the real shocker from this rumour to me is that they are going to be using hbm on the mid range tier cards too and not keeping the cheaper fix of gddr5x like nvidia have. i wonder if they have a deal for better prices from higher volume orders?
      "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
      Plato

Comment

Originally posted by luke22 View Post
        original source is here.

fab issues seem like the real reason they are having issues with supply so switching it up makes sense. now idk if they come from the foundry side or the way they are putting it all together on the substrate or what but still.

the real shocker from this rumour to me is that they are going to be using hbm on the mid range tier cards too and not keeping the cheaper fix of gddr5x like nvidia have. i wonder if they have a deal for better prices from higher volume orders?
        Think that's probably correct, ordering more of something usually drives down the cost. Another thought is the drivers, if they have lots of cards on different memory techs, might hinder the performance. Drivers will be geared towards aggressive memory latencies with HBM2 available to them. Believe that's one of the problems with HBM so far, software needs tweaking for tighter latency compared to GDDR standard. It's bit like windows, when SSD's became available, windows was far from optimised for faster access times, but MS rectified it with optimisations.

4770k @ 4.6, XSPC Raystorm, Avexir 4x4GB 2400MHz, ASUS Z87 Maximus Hero VI, Tri-fire 290x/290x/290 Reference EK 290X CSQ Full Nickel Blocks, Alphacool 240 ST-30, Alphacool 360 ST-30, Asus Xonar, Alphacool D5, Corsair AX 1200i, Carbide 540

Comment

Working...
        X