Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New build - power on then just power off..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by omega View Post
    You and Aria both can do better
    Completely agree with this.
    FILM QUIZ!!!!? Name the film from the quote!!
    "Right. Better clench up, Legolas"

Comment

Originally posted by TAZ007 View Post
      And nobody is saying any different?
      Is that a question or a statement?

But not that I can see, no. I was merely pointing out that Aria can make things easier too, after you laid the blame solely at his door.

Originally posted by coiler
      Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

Comment

[QUOTE=R1gg4;2630654]That's exactly what they should do.. and also point out whether the motherboard support flashing the BIOS without a CPU installed. It's pointless saying it supports Kabylake with a BIOS flash if you can't do that flash without a Skylake CPU.

Originally posted by R1gg4 View Post
        It's obvious from the reaction of CS that it's a very common issue. I fully held my hand up and said it was my fault to CS.
        Im sure it is, if its your first few times, it can happen, even though the information is there, many dont really understand it, but i think you are just a little upset that you missed it, also happens to the best of us, its just for me, id gone about post 5 in a different way that all, and not been annoyed at Aria, but annoyed with myself, and trust me i have done this myself, knowing but forgetting to update my Bios first, before putting in the next gen cpu, just four weeks ago

However Aria have to take some responsibility for the information or lack of it on their site that sells the items, they provide links to the manufacturers web site.. brilliant, but when that then states supports Intel 7th Gen* (the asterisk meaning needs bios update) which is fine.. I can read most days
        This is where i strongly disagree with you, because all the info you need is there, and the type of people that would make this mistake, would probably make it no matter what you additional information you put up there, but thats what the forums are for, and customer services are for, to get you through it

There is nowhere I can find that it states (Requires Skylake CPU installed on motherboard to flash BIOS before use with a Kabylake CPU) just might be handy for them to provide more information is all.
        Again this would be obvious to most users and builders, and goes without saying, the only thing aria could implement to help people like you is tab to check for compatibility, so when the box is tick, the order picker could check that you build will work before shipping, and phone you like in this situation to amend the order, What say you Aria?

I seen you wish list, as did many others, and just assumed you knew what you was doing, hence why i did not say anything at the time, and assume nobody else said anything for the same reason, anyway job done, and lesson learned

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
        Is that a question or a statement?

But not that I can see, no. I was merely pointing out that Aria can make things easier too, after you laid the blame solely at his door.
        It was a question, and i still do

Comment

Originally posted by TAZ007 View Post
          because all the info you need is there
          Weeeeeeeelllllllllllllllllll......

Can you point me to the place it says that you need a Skylake CPU installed in the Motherboard to be able to flash it to support Kabylake?

It states it supports Kabylake with a BIOS flash.. all good.. but not that you need to install a Skylake CPU to do the flashing..

If I missed it I missed it and fair enough.. I've made mistakes before and will do so again no doubt.. human nature and all that..

Would be interesting to get CS comment on how often this has happened with Skylake / Kabylake on the same socket!!.. as I said when I called.. it was very much.. oh another one!!!
          FILM QUIZ!!!!? Name the film from the quote!!
          "Right. Better clench up, Legolas"

Comment

Working...
          X