CPU - Intel Core i5-4590T Processor
    GPU - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti
    PSU - M4-ATX
    MOBO - ASRock H97M-ITX/ac
    RAM - 2 * 4,096 MB Corsair DDR3 @ 1,330 MHz
    SSD - 250 GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB
    OS - 64-bit Windows 10 (10.0.14393)

Problem

In short, I have had to replace my motherboard from a MSI Z97I AC to a ASRock H97M-ITX/ac due to failure. After replace and clean install of windows 10 the I am experiencing extreme stuttering in games like "shadow of mordor" or even steaming videos. I've tested on "railroad tycoon 2" which plays fine.

MORE DETAIL- This gaming system is used in a motor home and runs of a 12v battery supply direct to a 12v input (M4-ATX) 250W PSU which powers the system.

Unfortunately I accidentally left the PC running while I left the motorhome. The battery ran down and the M4-ATX's low voltage cut out stopped it drawing any more power from the batteries. This reduced the draw on the whole system, increasing the voltage above cut off point and enabling power to flow back into the system. This increased the power draw and lowered the voltage setting off the cut off again. This repeated every few seconds for probably several hours.
    SUMMARY - The system was being switched on and off continuously for several hours.

After this I was left with a system that didn't post at all. I figured I had a dead MOBO and replaced. That worked and I have running system but gaming is unplayable where before it was fine.

Is it possible to have damaged the CPU or GPU limiting there capabilities but still functioning?

WHAT I'VE DONE

I have reinstalled windows on a fresh install, checked all my drivers are up to date, followed several instructions online about changing this setting or that (sorry can't remember details now)

I have run the basic 3D mark benchmark, although I don't know what that means. http://www.3dmark.com/spy/1328422

I do get a "graphics driver not approved" but I believe it is the most up to date driver available.

Any help much appreciated.

Where did you get the driver from? Have you remembered to get the right version? i.e. 64bit/windows version etc.
    Originally posted by coiler
    the trails is where life flows best
    Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.

Comment

According to your 3d mark results, your CPU is turboing to a frequency slower than its stock core clock

Perhaps check in your bios to see if anything looks amiss

Comment

Originally posted by cruciate View Post
        Where did you get the driver from? Have you remembered to get the right version? i.e. 64bit/windows version etc.
        Drivers From ASRock website and I they are the right version. *Ignoring nagging doubt*

Originally posted by Philip View Post
        According to your 3d mark results, your CPU is turboing to a frequency slower than its stock core clock

Perhaps check in your bios to see if anything looks amiss
        I see what your saying I've looked at the BIOS/UEFI and I cant see anything that jumps out to me as wrong but I'll be honest I don't really know what I'm looking for. Any clues as to what settings might cause that?

Comment

Originally posted by scraps85 View Post
          Drivers From ASRock website and I they are the right version. *Ignoring nagging doubt*

I see what your saying I've looked at the BIOS/UEFI and I cant see anything that jumps out to me as wrong but I'll be honest I don't really know what I'm looking for. Any clues as to what settings might cause that?
          I would definitely NOT get them from ASRock website. I would get them direct from NVidia
          Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.

Comment

**SOLVED** The power fluctuations also frazzled my fan controller. I've been running my PC without case or CPU cooling. Oops. I've plugged the fans into the board and brought the core temp down to normal. Everything is running smoothly now although I suspect I've done a little lasting damage.

Thanks to both for your time and Philip it was you pointing out the CPU clock difference that made me look at the temps. Probably an obvious thing for you guys to check but I hadn't thought of it.

Thanks again x

Comment

I can't find the thank button??

Comment

You need a certain number of posts first. And well done for sorting it.
                You've probably done no lasting damage. These things are designed to throttle down to prevent damage.
                I'm quite impressed you got it to run at all. Older PCs used to shut down within seconds if the fans weren't running.

Comment

I hit the threshold with the post asking about it lol.
                  That's good news I haven't done serious damage but yea it says a lot about about the parts these days. When I checked the CPU under 20% load all 4 cores wer at 75^0 plus!!
                  Well done Intel and thanks again.

Comment

Yea it doubt you will have done much/any damage either. Glad it's sorted.
                    GIVE PEAS A CHANCE

Comment

Working...
                    X