X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alfizzle View Post
    Cmos battery's are 3v

Either way it's a myth.
    Huh, so they are. Only 100,000 hours then.

Plausible.

Comment

Originally posted by Alfizzle View Post
      Cmos battery's are 3v

Either way it's a myth.
      Yeah I thought it might have been.

Comment

i got told you shouldn't touch them as your oily skin would effect teh surface and ultimately the contact.

leaving it out overnight has brought more than 1 mobo back from the dead for me
        "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
        Plato

Comment

Originally posted by cold fusion View Post
          Do you have a PC speaker (the little beeper thing that sits on your motherboard jumpers inside your case) connected and do you hear any beeps when you power up?

Does the fans spin when powered up?
          Hi, yes the fans all spin up and I did try it with a speaker and it did like a half beep, becasue it would shut down that quickly.

The conclusion that I have come up with is that something was faulty with the motherboard, I have had chance to put the CPU in another machine and that works fine.

Thanks for everyones help with this

Comment

Originally posted by luke22 View Post
            i got told you shouldn't touch them as your oily skin would effect teh surface and ultimately the contact.

leaving it out overnight has brought more than 1 mobo back from the dead for me
            Does sound like the mobo. Any bulging / leaking caps?

Comment

Originally posted by luke22 View Post
              Now you mention, i think the original reason I was told was related to oils in the skin.

Comment

Working...
              X