SSD/HDD Need Help...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSD/HDD Need Help...

Hi. Just put my SSD in and installed Windows..

How do I go about installing programs onto my standard HDD? Obivously program files etc isn't in there.... Thanks.

Change the directory when you install the programs.

Why wouldn't you install the software on the SSD though?
    ASUS Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @ 3.95 GHz | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 2x8GB @ 3333 MHz C14 | ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 OC | Samsung SM951 256GB NVMe + 2x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB in RAID0 | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 850w | be quiet! Pure Base 600 Tempered Glass | CM Masterkeys Pro L | Logitech G502 | Logitech G920 | ASUS ZenBook UX305F

Comment

I guess some programs are not that important. I have a few lesser used programs that I want on the HDD, rather than taking up space on the SSD.

But, yeah, when installing they will give you an option, just choose your HDD. If you want them in a folder called program files, then create a program files folder on your HDD. Simples
      Originally posted by coiler
      the trails is where life flows best
      Originally posted by coiler
      Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.

Comment

Originally posted by cruciate View Post
        I guess some programs are not that important. I have a few lesser used programs that I want on the HDD, rather than taking up space on the SSD.

But, yeah, when installing they will give you an option, just choose your HDD. If you want them in a folder called program files, then create a program files folder on your HDD. Simples
        Ye exactly that reason.. and I know that but I kept recieving errors that it couldn't be installed there as it wasn't a valid directory etc etc. But I managed to fix it now.. Thanks

#Part-Of-A-Blonde-Moment

Comment

Originally posted by TheMadDutchDude View Post
          Why wouldn't you install the software on the SSD though?
          Indeed. I thought the whole idea of going SSD was to put the software there and the data elsewhere.

Better to do that and get programs to put "userdata" on the storage drive.
          Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus Z-170-K + Intel i5-6500 + 512GB Samsung M.2 PCI-e SSD + 16GB DDR4 2400MHz Memory
          Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus M5A88-M EVO + AMD Phenom II X6 + 8GB Corsair XMS3 1600 + Radeon HD 6450
          Win 10 Home 32-bit + Asus M2N-SLI DeLuxe + AMD Athlon 64 X2, Dual Core 5400 + 4.0 GB Memory + NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT

Comment

Working...
          X