VR to save PC Gaming?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Pimax+4K
    "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
    Plato

Comment

• 8 months later.....has VR saved PC gaming yet?

Comment

• I think it gave it a boost in a small niche area but until these devices become affordable it won't happen.
        My local hospital has a sign which reads "This way for accidents and emergencies." Haven't people in hospital got enough to worry about without looking for further misfortune?

Comment

• Still no real big titles to shift the hardware.

Still think AR is the future, not sure why it's taking so long
          Originally posted by coiler
          He'll have the local FBI round his house with all that hash!
          Originally posted by BigIan88
          turn off that sexy nonsense
          Originally posted by Salad Soup
          turns out if you touch a stripper too much and try and get back in after being kicked out, they dont like that!

Comment

• Originally posted by Black Knight View Post
            I think it gave it a boost in a small niche area but until these devices become affordable it won't happen.
            Agree, I think it sold a few more 1080tiís maybe but it was never going to give it a big push.
            The VR kits are getting cheaper but still not enough. The lack of games is still one big problem, they are all wave shooters so no real major title. Fallout VR will help soon, not sure how much and itís pretty pricy.

I used my my vive a few weeks ago on the racing sim, it shaved 3 seconds off my laptime so it does work.

Originally posted by Aria
            On reflection though, as I am taking a bath, listening to "Rain of blessing-vajra chant" while typing on the iPad

Comment

• the drop in the Rift pricing, picked on up last night.

It won't "save" PC gaming, because in my view it doesn't need saving. However, I did originally think VR would end up a bit like the first incarnation of the WII - the new controls get everyone excited for a short while and then it dies in the corner. It does appear to have more staying power, and I certainly enjoyed my first few hours of actually playing with the hardware with games rather than making stuff for it in Unreal Engine.
              Please see thread, here for how post reports are dealt with.
              Forum Guidelines here

Comment

• Whats main differences between Rift and Vive though, other than price?

4770k @ 4.6, XSPC Raystorm, Avexir 4x4GB 2400MHz, ASUS Z87 Maximus Hero VI, Tri-fire 290x/290x/290 Reference EK 290X CSQ Full Nickel Blocks, Alphacool 240 ST-30, Alphacool 360 ST-30, Asus Xonar, Alphacool D5, Corsair AX 1200i, Carbide 540

Comment

• I've used both for work, I *did* prefer the Vive controllers, but I have to say that I'm liking the Rift a lot. Price for me was the major factor, £400 entry point into VR when you look at what you need hardware wise as well, the entire package prior to the recent massive price drops was a £2500 investment. My £600 HP Omen laptop with 1050 and i5 that I use for work, combined with the Rift at £400 made this a bit of a no brainer for me personally, as I had to weighing up the £2500 mega build for ages. I'll probably end up buying a new GPU for my home desktop for the more intense games, but when presenting work - being able to now take the laptop and the Rift as an almost portable setup I have great expectations for winning more contracts

DT.
                  Please see thread, here for how post reports are dealt with.
                  Forum Guidelines here

Comment

Working...
                  X