Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RS 232 to Lemo Connector - Wiring Help

Hi Guys

We're trying to connect together an RS232 connector to a 10 Pin Lemo FGG.2B.310 plug so we can connect our IR Camera to a PC (it is possible), but we're having issues understanding the wiring.

Here is the pin diagram for the Lemo:

and here is the diagram for an RS232 connector:

What we don't need is the video, as we've got an additional connector that comes straight out of the camera and into the transmitter - we just need to be able to control the camera from the PC. Does anyone know how to connect this up correctly? We've also seen a diagram for the camera that includes an additional breakout box to supply extra power. My electronics knowledge has rapidly declined since I studied it at school, so I'm hoping some more clued up individuals will be able to help.
    Play3r | News, Reviews & Competitions

Lemo pin -> RS232 pin
    1 -> 2
    2 -> 3
    8 -> 5

Should be all you need... then you need to set things like baud rate, parity, etc on the serial connection.
    --
    Fractal R4 (shhh!) 3570k, z77x-d3h, 16gb, R9-270X, 240gb SSD, 2tb mirror w/ 60gb cache drive

Comment

How would you do the latter? Sorry, had this dropped on me by my boss and I'm not terribly clued up on it.

Comment

Originally posted by FlasH View Post
        How would you do the latter? Sorry, had this dropped on me by my boss who has gone out, and I'm not terribly clued up on it.
        If it's not in the technical manual for the camera, guesswork when setting up the serial connection on the PC
        --
        Fractal R4 (shhh!) 3570k, z77x-d3h, 16gb, R9-270X, 240gb SSD, 2tb mirror w/ 60gb cache drive

Comment

Originally posted by Spaceboy View Post
          If it's not in the technical manual for the camera, guesswork when setting up the serial connection on the PC
          Success! Thanks Spaceboy, boss came back and was like "How tf did you get it working?!". Now I need to create a GUI for the hyperterminal - the next challenge!

Comment

AWESOME

You do realise that was 80% guesswork right ?
            --

Comment

Re: RS 232 to Lemo Connector - Wiring Help

It's pretty much what I had on paper. Boss just wasn't sure about the power. It didn't help that he had wires shorting.

Comment

Just an update for anyone who is interested!

I have successfully created an program in C# using Visual Studio Express 2012 - after watching several videos on YouTube admittedly. I can now send commands directly to the camera - makes it feel like you're in a police helicopter when you flick between the greyscale palette and grey inverted.

Comment

Working...
                X