Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HTPC interference

Hi Guys,

Bit of a issue i not sure how to explain it but every time i am playing any kind of video source IE you tube or films (AVI,MP4 or MKV) i am getting interference on the screen, like the screen will freeze and have lines going through it like i have smudged the videos images??? bit hard to explain but any help would be appreciated

Shirley // AMD FX 6300 @ 4.6GHz - MSI R9 285 Gaming OC - MSI Gaming 970 mobo - 8GB Mushkin Frostbyte - Corsair Carbide SPEC-02 - Windows 10 //

What is the spec of the machine? It could be an array of things.

Comment

no worries its... AMD A8-3870K with Asus F2A85-M PRO, 4GB Corsair Vengeance Black and Noctua NH-L9a CPU fan and BeQuiet 500w PSU. 64GB SSD and 2TB western digital HDD wrapped up in a thermaltake DH102 case.

Shirley // AMD FX 6300 @ 4.6GHz - MSI R9 285 Gaming OC - MSI Gaming 970 mobo - 8GB Mushkin Frostbyte - Corsair Carbide SPEC-02 - Windows 10 //

Comment

Originally posted by Seb.F View Post
        What is the spec of the machine? It could be an array of things.
        Oh and its Win 8

HTPC // AMD A8-3870K - Asus F2A85-M PRO - 4GB Corsair Vengeance Black - 64GB OCZ Petrol Solid State - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green - Thermeltake DH02 Custom - BeQuiet 500w PSU - Windows 8 //
        posted by scrivz69
        I think I may leave this forum, it seems to be full of the village people.​
        i7 3930K @ 4.2| ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB @ 2133 Copperhead |2 x Gigabyte TITAN SLI |ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 | Samsung 850 500GB SSD | 3TB SATA Drive | H100i WC | Corsair RM1000 | HAF X |40 inch Benq 2560x1440 IPS

Comment

Originally posted by joker3327 View Post
          Oh and its Win 8

HTPC // AMD A8-3870K - Asus F2A85-M PRO - 4GB Corsair Vengeance Black - 64GB OCZ Petrol Solid State - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green - Thermeltake DH02 Custom - BeQuiet 500w PSU - Windows 8 //
          Well...... Yeah there is that too!

Comment

have you tried with a discrete Gfx or just the APU gfx and how you connecting.... Wifi /Cat 5?
            posted by scrivz69
            i7 3930K @ 4.2| ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB @ 2133 Copperhead |2 x Gigabyte TITAN SLI |ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 | Samsung 850 500GB SSD | 3TB SATA Drive | H100i WC | Corsair RM1000 | HAF X |40 inch Benq 2560x1440 IPS

Comment

connect wifi, to far from hub for cat 5?? y u ask? and yeah i have tried with a discrete GFX had a old 5450 laying about but i am getting the same results, tried to connect via DVI and HDMI and still the same probs persist.

Comment

Re: HTPC interference

If you can take a picture of it then it may be a little easier to diagnose! It would normally indicate to GPU when you see such things but it could also be other hardware or even software that causes it.

Comment

Originally posted by Seb.F View Post
                  If you can take a picture of it then it may be a little easier to diagnose! It would normally indicate to GPU when you see such things but it could also be other hardware or even software that causes it.
                  Pic of inside the case or tv when it acting up?

Comment

does it happen when playing the files off the HDD or just Streaming ....or all the time....doesnt matter which
                    posted by scrivz69

Comment

HTPC interference

Erm yeah suppose i could be it happens every 20 mins or so lol so god knows and yeah it does it when playing from hdd or streaming

Comment

HTPC interference

Ok.... Update i have change the cpu fan, just wanted to check if it could be that and it hasnt happend since bit random dont you think??

Comment

If it was overheating but for some reason not shutting down, I guess it could be possible.
                          Originally posted by andyn
                          Trick in most cases seems to be to get in early, and get out early. Pump and dump.
                          PC: - i5-3570k, Mushkin 64gb SSD, 8GB Vengeance, MSI Twin Frozr III 7850.
                          Laptop: - Asus N55SF, Core i7-2670QM, GT555M (2GB).

Comment

Originally posted by Cosford View Post
                            If it was overheating but for some reason not shutting down, I guess it could be possible.

yeah i am guessing so but i will need to see if it happens in the future any more tho... wish me luck!

Comment

HTPC interference

So it has started to do it again and not having any luck on finding a solution so i have spotted a video on youtube i will provide link when i back from visting the mother... But any help from previous info would be greatful

Comment

Working...
                              X