CPU Fan Error?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPU Fan Error?

Hi, Started the PC yesterday and today and keep getting this error message ( see image below )

Now when I restart the PC it works fine?

Thanks

Was the CPU fan spinning when you got the error?

Originally posted by coiler
    Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

Comment

Not a clue, will check next time it happens and report back to you.

Comment

If you havent plugged the fan in the primary CPU fan header, it will show this because it doesnt detect a CPU fan, either move the cpu fan to the correct header, or set it to ignore in the bios hardware monitor tab. Alternatively, if you are using different cooling other than a HSF, just go into the hardwaremonitor and again, set it to ignore the CPU fan.

Comment

Been fine since I built the PC fair few years ago. The PC hasn't been knocked and I haven't been inside it to knock anything.

Comment

Fan might died hence the error, what's temperatures like in windows whilst running cpu at 100% loading.

4770k @ 4.6, XSPC Raystorm, Avexir 4x4GB 2400MHz, ASUS Z87 Maximus Hero VI, Tri-fire 290x/290x/290 Reference EK 290X CSQ Full Nickel Blocks, Alphacool 240 ST-30, Alphacool 360 ST-30, Asus Xonar, Alphacool D5, Corsair AX 1200i, Carbide 540

Comment

Originally posted by k3vst3r View Post
              Fan might died hence the error, what's temperatures like in windows whilst running cpu at 100% loading.
              This is also a real possibility.

Comment

Hi, Thanks for the responds.. Downloaded a program and put it under load. - I can't make head nor tail of this so maybe you can? Thanks.

Comment

Seem's okay, if fan wasn't running expect see figures like 90c, yours like 40 to 58c range. Header sensor might gone faulty, as in reporting 0 rpm. Download application called hwinfo, this should say reported fan RPM's.

4770k @ 4.6, XSPC Raystorm, Avexir 4x4GB 2400MHz, ASUS Z87 Maximus Hero VI, Tri-fire 290x/290x/290 Reference EK 290X CSQ Full Nickel Blocks, Alphacool 240 ST-30, Alphacool 360 ST-30, Asus Xonar, Alphacool D5, Corsair AX 1200i, Carbide 540

Comment

Or, here is a real trick of the trade. Open the side of the PC and actually look if the fan is spinning or not...

Originally posted by Aria
                    On reflection though, as I am taking a bath, listening to "Rain of blessing-vajra chant" while typing on the iPad

Comment

Originally posted by M4T VW View Post
                      Or, here is a real trick of the trade. Open the side of the PC and actually look if the fan is spinning or not...
                      Wicked. Would you also recommend sticking a finger in to see if it draws blood?
                      Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus Z-170-K + Intel i5-6500 + 512GB Samsung M.2 PCI-e SSD + 16GB DDR4 2400MHz Memory
                      Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus M5A88-M EVO + AMD Phenom II X6 + 8GB Corsair XMS3 1600 + Radeon HD 6450
                      Win 10 Home 32-bit + Asus M2N-SLI DeLuxe + AMD Athlon 64 X2, Dual Core 5400 + 4.0 GB Memory + NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT

Comment

Originally posted by michaelkenward View Post

Wicked. Would you also recommend sticking a finger in to see if it draws blood?
                        Poor test for a PC fan, your finger will win and the fan will stop. That's how you test a blender
                        Why did the chicken cross the road?
                        To get away from the Canadian poultry farmer with loose trousers.

Comment

Working...
                        X