Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pc gaming rig upgrade

Hey guys
    I posted my question a couple of weeks ago, about upgrading my rig for xmas. Now am just wondering if i upgrade the parts can i A) Keep the current case that i have and B) Keep my hard drives/ssds etc and just upgrade the main components of my rig ? Also when i do it am looking to overclock (But am a beginner at it so have no idea) as well but not sure what parts are good for what. So if you could give me a some ideas or combination list then that would be helpful. P.s Looking to spend around 500-600 if possible to cope with todays games and for the future.

Thanks guys

i would look at getting a new gpu dude, 1070 or wait for vega. that will add a couple of years to your system.

that cpu is not yet going to hold games back, maybe by the time a 1070 or vega 56 is starting to slow in game then maybe hex and oct core cpu will be a requirement, but in the next couple of years it will be good. it is the more creative type activities where the new cpu come into their own.

an overclocked ivy is not going to be many fps behind the latest lakes or ryzens in gaming ability. upgrading the backbone would only give you other ancillaries, like better sata/usb/u.2/m.2 and such. games (for the most part) are still yet to take advantage of the extra cores and the main factor in your fps is still the gpu you know.

that being said it is still not the best time to be buying a gpu while in the cpu/mobo market it is a great time to buy with the competition :/
    "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
    Plato

Comment

right luke, so what your saying is its best to stick with what i have and see if i can do some tweaking with in the bios its self ?

Comment

Luke can you overclock with a stocked fan that i got with my cpu? I know its old and that but wanting to do it for a while but not confident enough

Comment

i am saying i think you would get the biggest jump in gaming performance by dumping your budget on a gpu and cooler (maybe psu too?) as that cpu will not be holding most games back. most games do not get any gains from more than 4 cores and i think it will still be a couple of more years before all the new ones do. if you was doing 3d work, or other more creative stuff then the more cores the better, but most games are not that power hungry.

as for the stock cooler it depends on your temps, i wouldn't expect much, but yeah a little

there are lots of guides on safe volts and temps for that platform. but it just a case of increase the cpu multi till it crashes then increase the voltages

you might get a couple of hundred mhz gain without any voltage increase
          "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
          Plato

Comment

Working...
          X