Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know of a UK Delid Service around? (6700k)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vcore is set at manual but having some issues with the LLC setting I've had to drop back to 4.5 for now as I'm having trouble getting the right settings as voltage doesn't seem to stay stable with stressing the cpu
    Any tips? or have I lost the silicon lottery?
    Last edited by lordkram; 28-06-17, 12:40.

Comment

How are you stressing the CPU?

What are your other volts at? IMC and input voltage more specifically.
      ASUS Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @ 3.95 GHz | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 2x8GB @ 3333 MHz C14 | ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 OC | Samsung SM951 256GB NVMe + 2x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB in RAID0 | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 850w | be quiet! Pure Base 600 Tempered Glass | CM Masterkeys Pro L | Logitech G502 | Logitech G920 | ASUS ZenBook UX305F

Comment

I normally use realbench or Intel Burn Test for stressing as I know Prime95 isn't useful much anymore
        I'll do some tweaking in a bit and take a screengrab in hw monitor/cpuid and post it

Comment

I've had most success with Skylake by overclocking using the voltage offset mode, instead of applying a permanent 1.XXX volts. Your UEFI will almost definitely support it.

Try +25mV to start with and work up to +40mV (or beyond) and see where you get. With this method, when your CPU is running at reduced clocks, the vcore will reduce too, saving you pumping too much heat into your AIO loop.

Don't bother with LLC for an 'everyday overclock' - it's really not required. Reset factory defaults in the UEFI, set DRAM with XMP and apply the vcore offset and raise multipliers and then test for stability at x46. If not stable, try +30mV and retest. Rinse/repeat.

This is the beauty of Skylake - it's so easy to overclock well.
          Last edited by Bing; 28-06-17, 14:43.

Comment

Ok cheers will give that a go
            Should I just leave LLC to auto? Been using it at level 5 atm

Comment

Yep, defo leave it at auto. Use it to dial out instability once you've got a decent base overclock and you're pushing it hard; HOWEVER, with your cooler, you can't really push it too hard as you haven't got enough radiator to dissipate the heat.

Aim for 4.7GHz with a delidded chip on a single 120mm rad and you'll be running around 65-70C at best guess given your setup and case. Improve your cooling and your chip may go higher, if​ the power phases on your mobo are up to the task.

Comment

Just remember to reset the UEFI to factory settings first to reset any other parametrics you've changed.

Comment

Thanks for the help
                  When I can afford it, I'm looking at getting a h100i v2 aio, and would mount it at the top of the case where my current one is now
                  Don't get me wrong the h60 is good enough for now but I know a 240mm radiator would be much better

Comment

i wouldn't "aim for" anything

just see where you can get now, instead
                    "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
                    Plato

Comment

Working...
                    X