Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know of a UK Delid Service around? (6700k)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know of a UK Delid Service around? (6700k)

I'm looking to possibly get my skylake 6700k delidded, with thermal grizzly replaced onto the dye, then re-lidded and sent back to me
    Does anyone know of anyone trustworthy that still does this?
    Many thanks

Unless you've got an absolutely awful 6700K or are running WAAAAY too much vcore through it, you shouldn't need to delid this chip really. It should do 4.6GHz at around 1.25v easily and higher clocks yield diminishing returns thereafter. All you need is a decent cooling solution and an airy case.

I got quite lucky with my 6700K and it'll do 4.7GHz at 1.275v which keeps temps under 70c fully stressed; however, it will do 4.8GHz for benching but the extra heat, noise and stress wasn't worth the small increase in FPS and bench scores - so it's 4.7GHz 24/7.

If you're hell bent on delidding it, I'd just invest in your own delidder. The cost for a 3D printed one is minimal and it's very simple to do.

Comment

Hmm, maybe im doing something wrong then, as to get stable at 4.5 i have to use a vcore of around 1.29 or I get crashes and graphics errors using realbench
      I've got he corsair H60 with a push pull config, but may go back just to a push and mount it back on top of the case as temps seemed better before I moved it
      I have spare thermal grizzly so may be worth re-seating the pump as well
      Idle temps currently around low 30s and full load around high 70s low 80s so maybe some tweaking is required

Comment

The money you're willing to spend on delidding, I'd give serious consideration to buying a better cooler instead. H60 is fine for lower end stuff but a thin 120mm rad will certainly be one of your limiting factors. 4.5GHz at low 80s is pretty poor and will likely be down to you not dissipating enough heat. I had a Corsair H115i which was great (until the pump died at 6 months old). I replaced it with the NZXT Kraken X62, which performs even better but any 280mm AIO would be your best option. Even a 240mm would be a marked improvement over the H60.

Also, you didn't mention what case your components are housed in. Have you got the airflow sorted? Cool air in from bottom/front - hot air out rear and top?

Comment

I've got an aerocool case, with 2 front intake fans and 1 intake on the top, the radiator is currently on the back of the case with a push pull config
          As my case will only take a 240mm radiator i was looking at the h100 and it could be a solution possibly, and as it comes with 2 fans i could still do a push pull then and use the spare fan somewhere else
          As money is tight i'm gonna go back to trying just a push config on the radiator and mount it back on the top of the case with an exhaust fan back on the back of the case i think before thinking about whether or not i should look at getting an h100
          Last edited by lordkram; 19-06-17, 12:18.

Comment

Change the top air to exhaust. Heat wants to rise, so no point fighting it by having the top as intake.

H100i v2 would be a good option for you. You don't necessarily need push/pull. A high quality fan will negate the 1 or 2c difference between push and push/pull and the stock Corsair SP fans are decent enough, if a little on the loud side.

Depending on your cash situation, you could also change the case fans for something quieter and run them a little faster instead.

I don't know if you 'vape' or know anyone that does, but the vapour is great for showing the airflow within the case. Exhale the vapour into the intake and look through the side panel to see what's going on. You can then tweak your airflow to eliminate dead spots where the vapour lingers. Works a treat.

Comment

Thanks for your help
              I will re position the cooler back to the top and just have a push with the other case fan on the top next to it as exhaust as it's a af120
              Going to reseat the cooler again too as I was getting better temps before

Comment

i should delid mine tbh
                "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
                Plato

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against delidding whatsoever, but I think the risk of CPU damage (however small) should be weighed up against the CPU's performance pre-delid.

If you're getting decent performance and a good overclock whilst within a satisfactory temp range, then why bother - unless you're a serious overclocker?

Comment

i think the 20c (or so) drop in temps is worth the slight risk if you have a cpu which runs hot

my 47k is like a totally different cpu post delid and this 67k i have is much the same. 1.4v has it throttling :s
                    "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
                    Plato

Comment

Found someone who will delid and apply new paste and relid etc, using coollaboratory liquid ultra so fingers crossed!

Comment

i used liquid ultra when i did my 47k and got great results

keep us updated once you get some before and after data
                        Plato

Comment

Who is this someone? I am curious to find out. It used to be me who offered this service.
                          ASUS Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @ 3.95 GHz | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 2x8GB @ 3333 MHz C14 | ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 OC | Samsung SM951 256GB NVMe + 2x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB in RAID0 | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 850w | be quiet! Pure Base 600 Tempered Glass | CM Masterkeys Pro L | Logitech G502 | Logitech G920 | ASUS ZenBook UX305F

Comment

Just an update:
                            I found someone on ebay who has done it for me, got it back today and after some brief testing I'm getting max temps of 63c at 4.6ghz under full load with a vcore of 1.32
                            Idle is around 30c
                            Now to play about with some settings to push it a bit further!

Comment

Are you manually tweaking the vcore or using the UEFI's preset or Auto?

I'd expect the vcore to be a little lower than that for a 4.6GHz oc - not hugely but certainly in the 1.2xx range.

Comment

Working...
                              X