X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryzen

Originally posted by Aaron
    I want those sweet cherries

I've been keeping my expectations low for these CPU's since you can't be disappointed that way but having read rumours that Intel are planning to release new CPU's including an i5 with HT enabled to take the shine of Ryzen makes me think AMD must be at least competitive and that will be enough for them to get my money.
    i7 2600K @ 4.5| Asrock Z68 Extreme4| 16GB 1866Mhz Crucial Ballistix |AMD R9 290| 120GB SSD |Win7 64bit

Comment

Are we back to the good old days of CPU competition?
      i5 2500k | 16GB RAM | Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC | 256GB + 240GB SSDs | 1TB + 3TB HDDs | Define R5 Black | Dell 27" 1440p 60Hz + BenQ 24" 1080p 144Hz

Comment

7740 hmmmmmmmmmm

Comment

I'd love to build another AMD rig that was on par with Intel, just because! If they bench well reckon they'll be hot cake AMD hay day all over again.

Comment

Way, way too many SKUs keep it simple AMD!
            Gaming :: Intel Core i7 5820K, Gigabyte GA-X99-UD5, Gigabyte GTX1070, 16GB Crucial 2400MHz DDR4, Corsair H100, BlackGold BGT3620 DVB-T2, Dell U2410, Fractal Arc Midi R2, Samsung 850 Pro 128GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB, WD Red 4TB, Creative SoundBlaster Z, Logitech X-230, Seasonic X-650, G900, G510s, 10 Pro x64
            Work :: Dell Precision M6800, Intel Core i7 4800MQ 2.7GHz, 16GB RAM, Samsung 850 Pro 128GB, Crucial MX100 256GB, AMD FirePro M6100, 17" 1920x1080, 10 Pro x64

Comment

Isn't it roughly similar to the i3/5/7 range though?

Originally posted by coiler
              Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

Comment

how many threads do we need on this

intel have more mainstream sku out today than this full amd range, but amd has too many?

the funny part is now we will see who the real bois are.
                "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
                Plato

Comment

Old thread was necro'd when I made this

Intel bringing 8 series forward? Dropping kaby prices like cold cakes?

OH MY!

Comment

kaby was nothing more than top bin skylakes. not like they could use recouping costs as a reason for their high prices....

now maybe we will start getting mid ranged hardware for midranged prices in the cpu market too.

edit

interesting perspective on the market.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghqSPVT5DVs
                    Last edited by luke22; 10-02-17, 18:08.
                    "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
                    Plato

Comment

http://www.anandtech.com/show/11143/...sale-march-2nd

Will be interesting to see UK prices (and benches naturally), but I'm officially interested in AMD for the first time since the bulldozer fiasco.

Comment

One of the best breakdowns of Ryzen 7s claims on streaming. (Linus should get some sleep.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jludqTnPpnU
                        Last edited by I3R0K3N7FEET; 06-04-17, 22:45.

Comment

shots fired!!!!!

https://www.techpowerup.com/233333/a...-lineup-leaked
                          Plato

Comment

Originally posted by luke22 View Post
                            it could be hearsay, or just the server lineup but I did hear that AMD could easily churn out a HEDT for enthusiasts. I also saw that AMD are planning on a 7nm release later next year... or early 2019. looks like they really were thinking about the future... they havent even got the low end out the bag yet.

Comment

AMD X399 Thread Ripper is real...

but so is Intel i9 18/32 lol

Comment

Working...
                              X