CPU Running Hot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPU Running Hot

There have been a lot of these threads lately, this seems a good opportunity to ask for help with my own issue.

I have noticed that my CPU has been running at unusually high temperatures lately. Actual real photo below.

If any technical experts can offer advice on what I am doing wrong, it would be much appreciated.

Make sure everything is powered on correctly, re-seat your CPU and cooler, jump into the bios and then pour this over your entire PC and see if the temps drop.

i7 3770k - MSI Z77 Mpower - 16GB Avexir Mpower 2400Mhz - 500GB Samsung 840 EVO - EVGA GTX 980 SC - 1200W CM Gold - Custom Watercooling Loop - Corsair Air 540 - Steelseries 6Gv2 - Logitech MX 518 - Asus PB287Q - Creative T20

Comment

Idle, load or both? At the weekend I updated my father's PC from a an i5 2400>2500k so was checking everything out and was surprised that his power setting which had been set to "Samsung high performance" was not letting his CPU down clock at idle. Can only assume his Samsung SSD with their magician software had changed the setting.

Set power option back to balanced and now lovely cool idle Temps.

Of course check the normal, dust build up etc.
      i7 2600K @ 4.5| Asrock Z68 Extreme4| 16GB 1866Mhz Crucial Ballistix |AMD R9 290| 120GB SSD |Win7 64bit

Comment

Best thing to do is create a million threads on here asking the same question in different ways.

Some of the heat will be expended in to the forum, and your PC will cool down..

Originally posted by coiler
        Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
          Best thing to do is create a million threads on here asking the same question in different ways.

Some of the heat will be expended in to the forum, and your PC will cool down..

But what if the forum overheats?
          i7 3770k - MSI Z77 Mpower - 16GB Avexir Mpower 2400Mhz - 500GB Samsung 840 EVO - EVGA GTX 980 SC - 1200W CM Gold - Custom Watercooling Loop - Corsair Air 540 - Steelseries 6Gv2 - Logitech MX 518 - Asus PB287Q - Creative T20

Comment

It's OK.. It's in the cloud, and the moisture will cool it.

Originally posted by coiler
            Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

Comment

Thanks guys, I followed BigIan's advice and can confirm that my CPU is now at room temperature at all times!

Comment

I endorse this thread lol.

Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming K7. Ryzen 1700. 16GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB. Zotac GTX980ti Amp Omega Edition. Samsung 840 500 GB SSD. WD 1 TB Green. XFX 750w XTR Psu. Creative GIgaworks T20 series 2 speakers. Asus DX 7.1. Phanteks Enthoo ATX Glass case. iiyama G-master GE2788HS Monitor. Cyborg V7. TT Theron mouse.

Comment

Have you considered the new Hive system from British Gas, you can turn your central heating off when you plan to use the PC..... remotely.
                  Originally posted by Aaron
                  I want those sweet cherries

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
                    It's OK.. It's in the cloud, and the moisture will cool it.

No-one loves a smart-a...

Comment

Get out of hell.
                      Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus Z-170-K + Intel i5-6500 + 512GB Samsung M.2 PCI-e SSD + 16GB DDR4 2400MHz Memory
                      Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus M5A88-M EVO + AMD Phenom II X6 + 8GB Corsair XMS3 1600 + Radeon HD 6450
                      Win 10 Home 32-bit + Asus M2N-SLI DeLuxe + AMD Athlon 64 X2, Dual Core 5400 + 4.0 GB Memory + NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT

Comment

Must be your windows install, I recommend a clean reinstall.

Also, I've found a great trick with my case fans, if you set them all sucking air out the case it creates a vacuum where heat can't exist
                        Last edited by Chaz; 11-02-16, 20:58.
                        Originally posted by jointhedotz
                        I admit it, it's so damn good! following Alan on the downs, just getting a feel

Comment

Reminds me of the time some one complained about a hot cpu and they had stuck the Intel sticker on the cpu.

Comment

If you are running Windows open a couple to let cool air in!!
                            I've not failed. I've just found 10.000 ways that don't work!
                            Dave Burnett

Comment

Originally posted by Burn-IT View Post
                              If you are running Windows open a couple to let cool air in!!
                              Good one mate lol.

Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming K7. Ryzen 1700. 16GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB. Zotac GTX980ti Amp Omega Edition. Samsung 840 500 GB SSD. WD 1 TB Green. XFX 750w XTR Psu. Creative GIgaworks T20 series 2 speakers. Asus DX 7.1. Phanteks Enthoo ATX Glass case. iiyama G-master GE2788HS Monitor. Cyborg V7. TT Theron mouse.

Comment

Working...
                              X