CPU Stability testing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPU Stability testing...

For a few giggles and to try and help get the PC stable, I was wondering if there was a program other than Prime 95 that might be able to test stability?? Reason I ask is I've just started testing the SR2 and well, telling it to use all the ram it's only using 15Gb of it!! It's not even half way through it!! That said it's taking a damn age and a half to test mind.....

Anyone have any other suggestions?

None will tax all of the RAM. The only one you'd test it with is memtest, which will stress your CPUs and RAM to the max. You have to test the two separately in all honesty.
    ASUS Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @ 3.95 GHz | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 2x8GB @ 3333 MHz C14 | ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 OC | Samsung SM951 256GB NVMe + 2x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB in RAID0 | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 850w | be quiet! Pure Base 600 Tempered Glass | CM Masterkeys Pro L | Logitech G502 | Logitech G920 | ASUS ZenBook UX305F

Comment

DOH!! Not to worry.. It'll save me some electric not testing the lot

Onwards to the overclocking!!

Comment

aida stability tests can fill 128gb i believe

i think it should load both cpu and all cores too if you wanted, but i do not know for sure as i have never tested that
        "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
        Plato

Comment

Ooooh I'll see if I can find it and download it I've only 48Gb to test so it'll be a giggle to see if I can load up the entire system

Comment

i think if you get the trail version from them and the beta exe from techpowerup forums it kinda unlocks itself
            "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
            Plato

Comment

I'll let you know when I have managed to get sorted out!! I've just found everything I want to sell so I hoping to get that uploaded sooner rather than later

Comment

Working...
              X