• Show
Clear All

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=De8BV-2mxec

LOL so shiny
    Originally posted by Aaron
    I want those sweet cherries

Comment

Originally posted by TheMadDutchDude View Post
      I can't see me using it and I don't really see the point. It's not difficult to install a CPU.
      Originally posted by PhillipM View Post
      If one of these is a requirement, maybe you shouldn't be building PC's
      I'm totally with you both on it being easy, but you would be shocked at how many of our returns are due to bent motherboard pins (or on the CPU if AMD).

The number of times we hear "It must have come like that from the factory, I can't possibly have damaged it as I am a computer expert with XX years of PC building experience"..

Comment

That's a real issue as that isn't covered under warranty. It really sucks. These 'tools' won't help the actual tools who are installing the CPU though.
        ASUS Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @ 3.95 GHz | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 2x8GB @ 3333 MHz C14 | ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 OC | Samsung SM951 256GB NVMe + 2x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB in RAID0 | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 850w | be quiet! Pure Base 600 Tempered Glass | CM Masterkeys Pro L | Logitech G502 | Logitech G920 | ASUS ZenBook UX305F

Comment

Originally posted by coiler View Post
          It looks on the vid like the tool stays in place once the cpu is in the mobo, not watched with sound and only sped watched, but i'm guessing only certain sockets have the space to allow their use?
          I've just watched it with sound and he is saying that it just fits under the retention arm and apparently fits any mobo, they designed it to not interfere with anything apparently?

Does worry me that something like this is neccesary, I mean i'm no pro at building rigs but its not hard to install a CPU
          MSI Z77A-G43 , i7 3770K@4.5Ghz, Noctua NH-D14, ASUS R9 290x DirectCU II, 4x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport, 120gb Crucial M4, 240gb Crucial MX500, 500gb Seagate Barracuda, 2Tb Seagate Barracuda, NZXT H440, Corsair RM 850W Gold PSU

Comment

Originally posted by andyn View Post
            I'm totally with you both on it being easy, but you would be shocked at how many of our returns are due to bent motherboard pins (or on the CPU if AMD).

The number of times we hear "It must have come like that from the factory, I can't possibly have damaged it as I am a computer expert with XX years of PC building experience"..
            They'll just drop it putting it in the plastic bracket instead

Comment

Originally posted by olivaughan View Post
              I've just watched it with sound and he is saying that it just fits under the retention arm and apparently fits any mobo, they designed it to not interfere with anything apparently?

Does worry me that something like this is neccesary, I mean i'm no pro at building rigs but its not hard to install a CPU
              Wonder if has any impact on heat dissipation of CPU? I mean people delid and polish for a few degrees, would this extra plastic have any effect even if only a few *C?

Comment

Just seen an absolute massacre of a socket, like someone had took a pen and drawn a circle round the entire socket, trail of pin desecration.

Comment

Originally posted by coiler View Post
                  Wonder if has any impact on heat dissipation of CPU? I mean people delid and polish for a few degrees, would this extra plastic have any effect even if only a few *C?
                  It would be pretty interesting to see if it has an effect but it looks like it just goes in the same place as the retention bracket would anyway, although I would have thought that would place slightly more pressure on the cpu? Has anybody actually how thin these are in person?
                  MSI Z77A-G43 , i7 3770K@4.5Ghz, Noctua NH-D14, ASUS R9 290x DirectCU II, 4x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport, 120gb Crucial M4, 240gb Crucial MX500, 500gb Seagate Barracuda, 2Tb Seagate Barracuda, NZXT H440, Corsair RM 850W Gold PSU

Comment

Working...
                  X